My JW Daughter Calls Me - First Time in 9 Months - Great Conversation !

by flipper 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Sounds like things are developing just splendidly! Your doing just fine.

Hugs to ya!

hope4others

• myababes
    myababes

Mr Flipper I hope this works out well for you just be patient and don't push it.

I know how heart breaking it must be to feel seperated from your daughter, the reason we stopped going was because they tried to get us to reject our 16 year old just because she was pregnant and we just couldn't do it. i wpuld be desolate if I was in your position.

I really enjoy reading your posts you are such a warm caring person with such a balanced look on life how your daughter could not talk to you for 9 months beats me.

Take care and hold on to the hope

• Quandry
    Quandry

Great news, flipper!! I'm sure it made your day happy. She obviously loves you and is willing to "bend" a little.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Flip, remember that when the light is too bright people will run back to the comfort of the darkness. Continue to bring up your well thought points sparingly now that she has had the spotlight aimed on the dark hole of the WT. I believe that your children will reflect the best in themselves if you are genuine and not accusative. Take a breath, think before you speak and don't gang up on her. She's coming closer to the bulb, just keep it burning. All the best... W.Once

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty
    I really enjoy reading your posts you are such a warm caring person with such a balanced look on life

I'd have to agree completely with that statement Mr. Flipper, and I'll add that sometimes after reading some your comments I have a hard time ever believing

that you ever were a JW, no kidding !

Nevertheless I hope one day you'll be able to rescue your daughter out the clutches of corruption ......all the best

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the kind replies ! I am so excited to talk with my daughter again ! What a trip !

AKIRA- Thanks ! I will try to let her speak her mind as well ! I don't want to cram too much info into her ! She does have a talker for a dad ! LOL!

MR. MAJESTIC- Thanks my Bronson friend ! Yeah, it made me teary too. I hope it goes well and keeps growing , from here on !

OTWO- Thanks OTWO. I think her motives are pure in listening to me. I was careful what I said and how I said it. I think she got together with me on her own - not on a mission from the WT. Knock on wood . Remember this is the nice daughter !

COCO- Thanks. I am glad things are looking up for you as well friend in this area . All we can do is hope, right ?

COFFEE BLACK- Thanks my friend.

LAYLA 33 - Thanks so much sis ! Layla if your dad is like me - all he wants is to just have a normal father-daughter relationship with his daughter . The witness thing doesn't have to be an issue - but the Watchtower society makes them think it's an issue ! Control. I'm glad you can share non-witness experiences and god times with your dad . Keep it up ! It's what I want with my daughter so much ! Thanks again, I'm gonna keep close to her, keep tryin' !

WORLDLY ANDRE- I hope the seeds keep growing man ! Thanks.

HOPE 4 OTHERS- Thanks for the kind words. Gonna keep at it ! Hugs back to you !

MYABABES- I promise I' ll be patient with her. Don't want to rush things ! Thanks for the compliment ! I will hold onto hope and keep close to her too !

QUANDRY- It sure did make my day happy ! I know she loves me- and I love her very much as well ! I'm really happy ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Mr Flipper: What wonderful news! I was just reading an answer to someone who asked how to talk to Witnesses, and the answer (I thought was so great)...love them, love them, love them, like they have never been loved by the dubs. I know as her Dad, you will be able to do this in a stellar way.

• flipper
    flipper

WAS AN ELDER ONCE- Great advice from you my friend . I appreciate it ! I will apply what you say. I'm going to ease up a bit on the " information accelerator " and just try to get the emotional father/daughter relationship going again good. Now that she knows how I feel and what my concerns are . I will think before I speak with her and be very careful to not make her think I am " ganging " up on her ! Got to take this slow !

HOMEROVAH- Thanks Homer ! Appreciate it. I find it hard to believe I was a witness for 44 years as well ! But I just try to live in the here and now and the future. And try to help not only my daughter but others get out of " cult mind control " as well ! I hope my daughter does get out of the witnesses in time - I'm willing to wait ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Great Job Flipper !

Sounds like you expressed yourself in a way that she had to respect. With the questions she posed to you, she's told you what stands in the way of her leaving. The bOrg can give such a sense of security, hope, and safety in an evil, wicked, dangerous world. It is hard to unplug and deprogram. It's good that you've made yourself welcoming and available to her.

Keep us posted! It will be interesting if she speaks to the elders what BS line they'll try to tell her.

B the X

• dawg
    dawg

You did a great job... good luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit