Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit ...

by compound complex 76 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

Uh Oh, I found another folder with 175 more from the email list, QUOTE A DAY...

------------------

" If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization,

it expects what never was and never will be. "

--Thomas Jefferson

Don't worry, way too tired to post 175 more, lol.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

John Doe, I see someone in a beanie hat standing on a tiled floor - from a bird's eye view, of course.

• John Doe
  • abbagail
    abbagail

"Whilst you were waxing eloquent we the floor ..."

---------

HA! CC, that is luscious!

----------

And John Doe, what do I get if I see BOTH the ball/slingshot AND the ball atop pyramid from Bird's Eye veggie view?

• yesidid
    yesidid

"Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Mark Twain

• caliber
    caliber

Abbagail,

And John Doe, what do I get if I see BOTH the ball/slingshot AND the ball atop pyramid from Bird's Eye veggie view?

Dear abbagail... better get that double vision thing checked out ! hee hee hee !

Caliber

• caliber
    caliber
    The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do. ~Thomas Jefferson
    It is with words as with sunbeams. The more they are condensed, the deeper they burn. ~Robert Southey
    A sentence should contain no unnecessary words, a paragraph no unnecessary sentences, for the same reason that a drawing should have no unnecessary lines and a machine no unnecessary parts. ~William Strunk, Jr., The Elements of Style, 1918
    If it takes a lot of words to say what you have in mind, give it more thought

And the number choice for brevity of wit ... with a twisted chuckle is......

Brevity is the soul of lingerie. ~Dorothy Parker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit