Others who know the truth about the truth!

by oneairhead 18 Replies latest jw friends

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Within the past week I have met two others in my area who are closet apostates, like me. One still attends and one does not. But it is noce to know that they are there and we can have conversations about it. It is nice to have the support. I have encouraged one to post and he said he would and the other one i have to go and see. Hopefully we will gain two more members on JWD.

I can't tell you how good it feels to have someone to talk to in person about this whole thing.

One

• shell69
    shell69

You are truely blessed to have people to talk to who know what your thinking an dfeeling.... and what youv'e discovered

Best of luck to you

Shell69

• R.F.
    R.F.

Yeah, sure is great. Good thing you found them.

I was glad when I found out that a jwd poster was actually from my congregation. There's another one that I wonder about too, he was an elder a few years ago but vanished off the face of JWdom. He used to say in his talks that he didn't believe what he was saying but that's what he's told to do. LOL!!

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

I thought that the first ones i would ever meet would be poster from here at some point in time.

One

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

That is truly awesome that you have support and some friendship so close to where you are,

it will be like family for you.

hope

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Da truf will set you free!

Eyes Wide Open

Quirky1

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

It is comforting to have someone to talk to now... though it feels strange to post in a forum for the first time.

I am worried that I will violate some rule of etiquette.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In the congregation I used to go to, people were too damn stupid (or lazy, or both) to do their own thinking. Therefore, they let the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger do their thinking for them, and now they are paying them to think (often, with their lives). And there was no blatant dissent. Oh yes, there might be occasional rebellion against one of the hounders, but nothing against the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Welcome Logic&Reason!

>>I am worried that I will violate some rule of etiquette.

There are posting guidelines at the bottom of the page when you're posting. Beyond following those (and there's nothing there you wouldn't have figured out on your own) there's really nothing to it. You can pretty much relax here and say whatever's on your mind.

Congrats on taking this step!

Dave

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Lucky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit