Others who know the truth about the truth!

by oneairhead 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

This experience shows that many others have stopped accepting the BS from the FDS and would leave if they thought they could. Bravo. W.Once

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Most people are just afraid of what will happen. When you spend your entire life in a community of people, the thought of being suddenly cast out is quite alarming. Think about it. If you are raised in the truth, you probably are not allowed to develop friendships outside of the congregation. And you most likely have very little interaction with non-witness family members... so if you lose that social tether, you are alone.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, logic and reasoning!!

Most people are just afraid of what will happen. When you spend your entire life in a community of people, the thought of being suddenly cast out is quite alarming. Think about it. If you are raised in the truth, you probably are not allowed to develop friendships outside of the congregation. And you most likely have very little interaction with non-witness family members... so if you lose that social tether, you are alone.

You are quite right. Many of us here have experienced the aloneness. But it does get better-lots better-over time. Especially if you do have non-witness family. My husband and I found that ours were very open to us. But it does hurt bitterly that my dad is now dead. I was so cold to my parents, as a good dub should be, since they were "wordly" and would die at the big A.

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Thanks for all of the reponces and welcome to the new ones on the forum. I have made time to spend with my new friend and closet apostate like me. I have found myslef to be less angry about the WTBS and my family now that I have a friend to share those thoughts with. He is in the same boat as I am with a believing wife and extended family. I have not talked with the other faded closet apostate who I have known for years, but will make contact soon.

One

• yesidid
    yesidid

Very interesting One,

I was wondering how you found out about the others. How did you broach the subject? Or did they?

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

One of them I just used a few terms like "field circus" and the like and we just started talking. The other one started in on me and my wife when we sat with her at a restaurant. I liked it that she did since my wife was there so I supported her statements a little but my wife was becoming visibly uncomfortable so I put an end to it, hoping that a little would go a long way.

One

• flipper
    flipper

ONEAIRHEAD- It is great you have someone close there you can talk with. It certainly does help things . Many people who leave the organization have no one to talk with face to face, except just via computer on JWD. So count your blessings ! We are here too if ya ever need to talk or PM ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

That is the thin end of a wedge you are seeing one life air head!

There should be many more in time who will wiild powers within the borg and confuse the rank and file enough to wake them up!

The watch is ticking in the tower!

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

I am only 32 so I am looking forward to seeing it happen. Also, my new friend and I along with our wives are going out to dinner tonight. We'll let you know how it goes.

One

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit