How women are treated

by newbiedoobiedoo 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• newbiedoobiedoo
    newbiedoobiedoo

I share a little tid bit. My cong was always trying to tell men how to run their wives. I get a little money from my dad for medical prob, here comes elders telling my hubby to 'make me' donate it to buy new chairs for hall. (which i did) Dad sends more money, they come and want to 'borrow' it interest free of course to buy MS a new car. (we are driving a 16 year old clunker with no heat or ac at the time) He still has not paid a large part of the money back. (i just realize it has been 18 years!) That bro will not talk to us cause we 'ruined his reputation' by turning him in to CO. Anyway, my husband and I got it together. Next time they wanted something, (yeah it was money from my Mom's death) Here they come, and I say no and they tell my husband to 'control your wife'. He said (i am so proud) 'the bible talks about self control, not wife control' they say I am disrespectful his headship. Hubby tells them 'i am satisfied with my wife as regards to my headship, if you are not i do not care, you have no right to question my dealings with my wife, i am the head and that is my final say on the matter, she said no, and i say good day'. They told him he was 'brainwashed' he retorted 'funnyt, i was told that when i became a witness too.' Over was the years of abuse at the hands of the elders who would merely cll up my husband to curry favors from me to prove he was 'presiding over house in fine manner' by keeping me under his thumb. My husband has never been advanced to MS as a result. But we have a good marriage. (30 years). Now we are slowly fading, not entirely by choice,,,but that is another story.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Controling one's wife? How dare those humanoids in the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger make such a demand!

That money was not theirs to take, and what they did was STEAL that money from personal needs so it could go into the Kingdumb Hell (and presumably, the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund). And, when the wife refuses, they tell the husband that he needs to control the wife and force her (initiating the use of force) to get that money into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. In effect, they are training husbands to initiate the use of force, threats of force, and fraud against the wives.

They do that in every possible way. Controling the wife means getting her to pioneer, getting her to quit her job and go out in field circus, getting all her money for the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, and making sure she dresses as they want, sits where they want, and beats the children (if any) as they want. It is also what they did during the Dark Ages--women were nothing more than property. I am seeing the same trend among the Jehovah's Witlesses.

It is absurdly wrong for husbands to be that controling of their wives, and it is even worse for the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger to be insisting on it. Women are conscious human beings, just like men, and can be just as self-leading if given a chance as men can. And they can sense when the hounders are trying to force them to do what is bad for the family for the sake of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. If they try that crap on me, I will simply find some of those Zero Dollar Bills and Void Checks, and donate those, with a message that any group that orders the husbands to become humanoids and initiate the use of force, threat of force, or fraud against the family is not worthy of my contributions. And that goes for time in field circus as well as money.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I'm sure for some that this is as disarming for the husband as for the wife - being told how to regiment life so that it seems anything but natural and relaxed - promoting conflicts and disharmony and a constant questioning of each other rather than a free and liberating lifestyle!

The whole aura is one that infuses unhappiness IME.

• MOG
    MOG

I think they literally take the word SUBMISSION

The word should be looked at "UNDER A MISSION" - not whips and chains

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

That's terrible! I wish I could get a "refund" with all the money I gave the society...NO I don't have a reciept!

• megaflower
    megaflower

Myu husband got called into the back room because of me. When we were still in JW Land I did not join the TM school in our new hall. I knew it was all bogus and was fading. The elders asked me why I did not join and I just said, "not open to discussion" and walked away. They got upset and took the husband aside and they told him to get his wife in line. He told them that his wife is her own person and will do what she likes. He walked away and they have not touched that subect since.

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

Newbie, that's one smart man you've got there. The "headship" issue was one of the first things I brought up for discussion with our dub friends. They were a bit surprised when I pointed out that the WT use of the Timothy scripture to support keeping women out of leadership roles also says that women should not "teach", but when most of the folks going door to door are women that is contradictory. Makes no sense to use one bit of the scripture and disregard the rest. When I asked hubby at home what he thought of the headship issue he said he felt we were equals, he doesn't see himself as being "over" me, that he values my opinion and we make our decisions together. Mega, good for your guy! -Potential

• avishai
    avishai

Good thread. I'm gonna start another one on a similar subject. Those f-ing vultures were all over my mom as soon as my dad died.

• spanteach
    spanteach
    When I asked hubby at home what he thought of the headship issue he said he felt we were equals, he doesn't see himself as being "over" me, that he values my opinion and we make our decisions together.

That's exactly what a marriage should be, a partnership not a dictatorship. The elders constantly quoted the Scripture about Jesus being the head of the man, the congregation, etc. Well, he never told the congregation what to do in every single solitary aspect of their lives. We're still treated as free agents. Bogus reasoning.

Mega, I had the very same issues with joining the TMS. Paul said women shouldn't teach, Okay, fine, so why am I up onstage pretending to be in field service or pretending to witness to a co-worker? That's still teaching. I was told that because I was not addressing the congregation, it was permitted.

Another thing I have an issue with is that Paul was the ONLY Bible writer to ever say that women shouldn't teach and it was accepted as gospel. What ever happened to finding other scriptures to back up a concept? Plus, in one of his letters to the congregation, Paul admitted that he didn't always know what he was talking about. Way to go, WTS!

• mind my own
    mind my own

I am glad you have the husband that you do, sounds like a great guy! I think this is completely disgusting behavior!! I cannot believe someone would want an interest free loan in order to buy themselves a new car - while your car was probably in worse shape than his current vehicle.

One question though - how did the elders find out you were getting money from your Dad twice and then your Mother? I think I would have probably kept this information under wraps in order to avoid the very thing you are talking about. No one needs to know your personal finances!!

Thanks for sharing with us, and welcome to the board!

MMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit