To all anointed wannabe losers, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, OR ELSE!!!!!

by DATA-DOG 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't think it's fair to lable those who partake as mentally unstable. Not all of them. While it's true that I personally believe the GB are unstable, not everyone is.

When privately celebrated the memorial, I did it becuase I believed what the bible said on the matter, rather than WTBTS dogma. I wasn't unstable, I just figured if the bible was true, then I needed to follow what it said concerning that celebration/commemoration. We wouldn't say that ALL members of ALL religions of the world are mentally unstable, just because they follow a particular tradition, would we?? We may suspect some individuals, but a blanket statement may be unfair.

The dogma of JWism creates an unusual problem about who is "worthy" to partake and who is not. It creates a judgmental enviroment that should not exist, and doesn't exist in any other Xian sect that I know of. It's a man made problem that began with human ideas and exists because of the desire to save face while remaining the boss of you.

I'M YOUR BOSS, BEE-OTCH!!!

DD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Very good thread!

Nice thought provoking comments...

• the comet
    the comet
    If they're so concerned about the rising number of ones partaking, why don't they just shoot out an BOE letter scolding the elders to be very discerning about who to officially count as partaking. That would seem to at least lower the number or slow the growth at worst.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    If they're so concerned about the rising number of ones partaking, why don't they just shoot out an BOE letter scolding the elders to be very discerning about who to officially count as partaking. That would seem to at least lower the number or slow the growth at worst.

Maybe someone else will be able to confirm with more certainty than I have, but I could've sworn I read that there was indeed some procedure that elders follow in order to determine who is "rightfully" partaking. I don't know what it is, but I think at the very least they weed out all non-JWs.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why indeed?? Mayhaps they don't want another embarrassing letter on the Internet? Or perhaps they have "shelved ideas", to quote David Splane, on the subject?

It could be that some of the rumors of the past years ( anointedJw.org) are true and we are unaware of the true extent of the "anointed" dissent? The article that I mentioned could be a jab from a faction of "anointed" at the GB, or approved by "good" GB members. Perhaps reforms are being squelched by certain members of the GB?? Or, the GB could just be real assholes.

DD

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Why doesn't the Borg just fudge the numbers? That would save a lot of grief. They could start reducing the numbers by 500 per year and in 12 years be back to the 8,000 count. Hold steady at 8,000 for 6 years, then reduce 400 a year down to 6,000. That would chew up 23 years. By that time anyone who believed in "stay alive to 75" will be dead or have dementia and 1914 will be almost 125 years in the past.

Sour Grapes

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

As far as I know the only criteria for being annointed (apart from being baptized) is:

You just know you are. Now with criteria like that, the question shouldn't be why is there confusion, but why wouldn't there be! The arrogance and ridiculousness of the GB and their damn rules about who is good enough and who isn't is beyond belief.

If numbers of partakers continue to rise they will have some serious questions to answer, so maybe in future you will have to "qualify" to be annointed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "...or, the GB could just be real assholes."

Just how often is the simplest explanation also the right one?

• steve2
    steve2

The number reported in the Yearbook - which represents an increase over each successive year - is probably not a count of every one who partakes - so the actual increase is very likely even higher than that in the offical report.

In my local congregation many, many moons ago, there was a lovely older sister who was nicely nutty; she partook of the emblems but it went through the jw grapeview that the elders did not include her in the count of those who partook.

I am sure that the elders have always had discretion when it comes to who to NOT include in the totals that are sent to headquarters. That being the case, we can only speculate that the increase that IS reported is likely on the lower side.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finkelstein - "If you do partake, assume your going to be looked upon as mentally disturbed."

It's funny; considering the fact that almost every single "anointed" JW I've ever met - while being very nice - nevertheless seemed just a little... off.

x

If the shoe fits...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit