If there is such a thing as "ONE TRUE RELIGION...

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

"Man is the religious animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion, several of them." - Mark Twain

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

erandir,

That is more accurate.

That pic and invitation are on the (drum roll) official JW web site.

Using a cute and innocent child to convert people to a cult just seems to piss me off.

• erandir
    erandir

Exactly, Moo, exactly. It pisses me off, too.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I survived armegeddon back in 75. It was no big deal.

Well it was in a way, it just cost me an education and a decent job.

• real one
    real one

yeah religion is a bunch of traditions and rituals made by man. Jesus Christ is the truth. Follow him and you cant go wrong!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Religion is just expressive imagination rooted and structured from human ignorance so this makes them all true

• Carmel
    Carmel

Yes! Religious truth is relative and manifest over history as different reflections of the same light! All mirrors gather dust over time and cease to reflect the purity of the light. That we have dusty mirrors (dust is collective egos) for the most part to observe, many of the opinions expressed above are warranted. carmel

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Religion is control. Once a group of people agrees to believe in something, they tend to protect that believe even if it is not truth anymore.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

One true Religion, They all think they are The only ones. None of them are right, They are all wrong.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I would suggest 'One true belief' to be the belief each person harbours as the truth for them at a specific point in time!

And as such each persons reality - belief package - is unique to them and so only truth in their moment (since belief is also time dependant).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit