Do you know any young(er) people taking the emblems?

by hotchocolate 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Thanks for your replies.. the JWD site totally dropped out for hours so I couldn't reply until now.

The 3 sisters in one hall was a strange one. What sort of people were they? I knew a 70 year old who'd been a witness all her life, who partook one year and then stopped the next. Very strange.

I'm really interested to see how the count looks this year. If it has gone up dramatically, my thoughts are that they are being influenced by the Watchtower, which means that it has to be bogus IMHO. If the anointed know "without a doubt" then no Watchtower article should influence this.

• brinjen
    brinjen

A brother who had only been baptised a year (was recruited, not raised) had a nibble and a sip. He really thought he was one of the annointed. The whole KH was gossiping about it before the end of the week, the horror! He moved about six months later, last I heard he'd gone apostate.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A 20 yo girl in Parramatta congregation started taking the emblems a few years ago. Her father was anointed but her mother was not. She was a bit nutty and a fathers girl, so copped a lot of gossip for only assuming she was anointed in order to be in heaven with her father. As far as I know she still attends. What shocked everyone was a short time later a brother (not anointed) married her.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

The "problem" is that SO MANY people who end up partaking have a history of (a) mental instability, and/or (b) serious ego issues.

This justifies in the mind of the others the notion to disregard their taking the emblems as a sign they are of the anointed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit