Do you know any young(er) people taking the emblems?

by hotchocolate 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

So. The memorial I think is getting close to being over in most parts of the world. I'm really interested to know if the recent Watchtower article encouraged any to partake for the first time. Did anyone notice this?

I was also wondering if any of you know young(er) ones who have started taking the memorial emblems in recent years? How would you describe their personality type?

I do know of one approx 40 year old Circuit Overseer who started taking the emblems when he was about 35. I didn't know him well, he seemed really nice, although he seemed an obsessive-compulsive personality type.

x

• Gayle
    Gayle

One of Governing Body now was a partaker back in the early 70s at Bethel when he was in early 20s.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

One of the oddest incidences happen to a brother from Maine. He was in his forties at the time when he decided he was one of the "anointed" and began to partake of the emblems. A few years later, he decided he wasn't of this class and stopped. Everyone who knew him kind of raised eyebrows over this on again, off again decision.

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

my Brother in law is, he's 31
    a sister in our hall did, she's 39
    an acquaintance in bethel is, he's 33

that's all I personally know

• choosing life
    choosing life

I know one man who is in his early 30's. He started to partake 2 years ago. They pretty much ran him off and he no longer attends. He's dfd now too.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I have related this before. One sister, about 16 or 17. A sister, mid 30's to early 40's. A sister mid 40's. All attending the SAME congregation at the same time. Troy, Michigan. This was in the late 80's to early 90's.

No males at all.

NMG

• yknot
    yknot

No one partakes in my KH....

But my children 3 & 8 partook privately at home. ( They feel sorry for Jesus having to eat that bread and drink that "stuff")

• flipper
    flipper

In the mid to late 1980's when my kids were in diapers they'd grab for the emblems ; actually one of them might have drank " unworthily" and got a little mixed in their baby bottle by accident ! Should we dodge the lightning bolts ? LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    One of the oddest incidences happen to a brother from Maine. He was in his forties at the time when he decided he was one of the "anointed" and began to partake of the emblems. A few years later, he decided he wasn't of this class and stopped. Everyone who knew him kind of raised eyebrows over this on again, off again decision.

I don’t know why that should be. He could have had "new light" guiding him……

• Honesty
    Honesty

My ex-SIL is 41.

She has been sipping and munching for the last 3 years.

Many of the local brothers and sisters don't believe she is really one of the 'anointed' and make fun behind her back.

She shuns better than the "Faithful Slave" encourages the average JW to shun others so it is possible she is one of the Watchtower god's 'anointed.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit