007 special Easter message= Jesus was just a man who died! No miricles!

by Witness 007 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

it's Saturday night, wildabeer, and I think I'll have a Bohemia beer with you.

• worf
    worf

Thats right. Jesus was just a man who died. He did try to teach people

that they did not need any leaders, religious or otherwise, and he did try to help free

them from the bondage of their bicameral thinking. But thats all.

He was no god. He was no son of a god. Just a man.

The religions that have been built around him are frauds designed to

keep people in fear and make them think that they need priests, pastors, ministers,

popes etc.

Jesus was just a man. Who died. And was not resurrected.

Worf

• beginnersmind
    beginnersmind
    You think you know it's true. How do you know and why should we believe you? It's arrogant to say you KNOW it's true

So are you gonna say that to those on the other side of the fence in this thread that are dogmatic about what Jesus was and wasnt? Lets have a bit of balance lol.

• Carmel
    Carmel

What's more important, the hagiographical renderings of miricals or the beatitudes He taught? What practical value do miricals have? Lazarous is still dead, but Jesus' teachings have positively influenced many millions of lives. carmel

• real one
    real one

I know one thing. all of you non-believers will see Jesus one day and you will not be happy.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Real one I wish Jesus was coming!...........if you look up "end of the world predictions on the internet you find that alomost every year since he died people have predicted his return 1800...1879.....1900.......1975......2000...2012.....hundreds of prophecies! How can Jesus judge me for having doubts.

• dh
    dh

I agree with the first post and the responses to the second.

'Knowing' and 'believing' something does not make it so, however having said that I'll concede that not all things can be proved with evidence... 'Love' for example.

I remember a line from a movie (Contact) where the Matthew Mcconnaughy asks Jodie Foster... 'Did you love your father' and she says 'yes' and he says 'prove it' - Clearly there is no way to prove it.

Do people believe firmly that Jesus is god etc etc... yes they do. Is there a way to prove it... No there isn't. Is there any basis in reality for it to be a soundly based belief? In my opinion no, because unlike Jodie Fosters character in that movie, people who firmy believe and know Jesus is their saviour etc, have never met him or developed a relationship with him in what we percieve as 'reality' - the physical world.

Furthermore another point I have to concede is that if people want to argue that they met Jesus in their head, in a vision or dream or whatever, there is no way anyone can prove otherwise, because nobody can know another persons mind... If this is the case and you do just 'Know' it... I suggest the watching of an excellent movie on this very topic called Frailty!

• avishai
    avishai

Uhh, witness 007? I think Shawn's response was to honesty, not you. In which case, it makes more sense.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Koran was given to Mohumed by Angels = Proof - none.

Joseph Smith was given gold plates from an Angel =Proof - none.

Jesus performed many miricles and the bible is from God =Proof - none.

Take your pick! Which religion suites you!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is what I see Jesus as. Jesus was trying to free the peasants (who were bicameral and thus were not able to think on their own) from the religious establishment. As they were bicameral, they hallucinated the instructions (accounting for the "miracles") in much the way we dream today. Jesus, on the other hand, was conscious thinking and wanted others to learn to become conscious thinkers too.

Today, most people think consciously. Therefore, taking the parables Jesus used to get people to be able to think on their own literally is misleading. And yet that's what Paul (a Bible writer) did. That is why Paul's writings are full of doctrine, while Jesus' message was more of pure love. Jesus did not want a bunch of rules--in fact, he lambasted the Pharisees for creating so many rules that people could not follow them. They were, in fact, worse than the tax collectors and sinners of the nations. Notably, Jesus had a good deal of tolerance for that kind of sin. It was the sins of repressing innocent people, to keep them under submission, that Jesus was strict about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit