007 special Easter message= Jesus was just a man who died! No miricles!

by Witness 007 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Happy Easter Sunday!! So nice to have holidays! On Cable T.V the've been having non stop Jesus documentaries which are better then anything from the Watchtower society! So, Jesus was a man who lived 2,000 years ago in the middle east?........FACT!! Many non-biblical sources confirm this. Jesus performed miricles, healed people, raised the dead, came back to life.......proof?.......NONE! All you have to go on is his "best buddies" who many decades after his death wrote down a bunch of incredible stories of what Jesus did. "He did come back to life but floated away to heaven so we don't have a body, sorry!.....but WE all saw it, his followers!" Hhhhmmmm!

If I started the story that I drank a barrell of beer in one night, and after I died many decades later my buddies spread the rumour in newspapers and the net and youtube, that while alive I drank 40 liters of beer in one night whose to say I didn't if you weren't there?....whose to say I did? Truth is, I drank 2 beers and passed out.....but the rumour grew, I began to have a following of diciples like Manson or Jim Jones or....Jesus. People put my picture in bars around the world and say a little prayer before each drink. Soon my followers come up with "007 Bible of drinking Qoutes" we sell our own "Holy water" 40 % proof! Hey presto! No magic no miricles a religion is born....like the Mormons who have "Witnesses" that "there" book IS transcribed from gold plates from God. {Except the one who recanted and turned Apostate}

Who can say for sure Jesus walked on water or came back.....it's just blind faith to me.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I know it's true.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

You think you know it's true. How do you know and why should we believe you? It's arrogant to say you KNOW it's true. Unless you have personally seen and spoken to Jesus. In which case I still don't believe you. Your case is not compelling.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Yup, Jesus was a random Jewish philosopher who taught a doctrine of weakness and self-loathing. No mysticism, magic tricks, or hand-waving.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Shawn 10538 posted one of the wierdest replies I've ever heard here at JWO.

Can YOU ask yourself Shawn to qoute you..{about Jesus} "You think you know it's true. How do you know and why should WE believe YOU? Unless YOU have personally seen {??!!!} and Talked {What!!!!} to Jesus {have you Shawn?} In which case I still wouldn't believe you {I would if you had scientific proof or a camera} Your case is not compelling." Shawn your case is 2000 years old and is beyond "not compelling." You don't even have original manuscripts from the Apostles!

Shawn's typical christian logic........nah, I refuse to believe anything that questions Jesus...So there!

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Here we go again; the seemingly endless quarrel between the believers/theists on one side and the atheists/agonostics/non-believers on the other. People on each side are attempting to prove/disprove a concept which is neither provable nor falsifiable. As such, it's all rather pointless to discuss such an issue. Simply stated, God is an opinion. For believers, it's a question of faith - the belief and assurance in things unseen. For atheists, the word "God" means nothing; or else, it means so many things that, finally, it has no meaning.

The whole debate is futile and senseless, but for me, that's not the worst aspect. For me, the worst is the tenor of the argument.By tenor, I mean the tone. The tone of the debate often veers toward the acerbic. The tone is often mean-spirited, accusatory and - frankly - childish. I don't see people on either side of the polemic ever changing the minds of those on the other side. I sincerely see each and every person's approach towards "God" [or the Deity; or the Ultimate; or the Divine; or Allah; or the Unique; or the Tao; or whatever] as an intensely personal journey; each person must follow his or her own path.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Piss on me, piss on you. Beer anyone?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

If the fantastic stories about Jesus in the bible were in some way unique, there might be some small reason to accept them as... well.., 'gospel'. But if the fanciful stories were just echoes of earlier pagan myths... well, what then? So let's play a game of 'Who am I?'... My father is God, and my mother is a virgin. A star led the way to my birth. I turned water to wine at a wedding. I was killed at the vernal equinox. My death atoned for the sins of the world. I returned to life three days after I died, and then ascended to heaven. I will return to the earth and judge mankind. Who am I? That's right! I'm Osiris!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

You know this reminds me of a movie that I've seen recently http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=krb2OdQksMc&feature=related

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Homerovah that was funny.....but true! I think "Monty Phython" understand alot about religion....."he's not the messiah he's just a very naughty boy."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit