Who's Going to the Memorial Tonight?

by daniel-p 43 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I went to V's Memorial so I could see if anything has really changed. Nothing changed since the 18 or so of the wastefests I have attended in years before.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    The brother who gave the prayer before the passing of the bread literally gave a 5 minute prayer talk.....

actually the guy that gave the wine prayer here gave a VERY long prayer too, almost 4 minutes long and like the last half hardly anyone could here. and everyone amened anyways...I thought you had to hear and agree with the prayer before saying amen...ROBOTS

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I went with my wife. Of course, since I quit going to meetings, she started attending a Spanish cong. So I sat their for an hour in blissful ignorance. Also, on a side note, I found out afterward that a women sitting just in front of me had lost her son in a carwreck...SATURDAY MORNING of the Mem. So, here's this lady sitting their, listening to this bullshit, who's child has been dead for about 12 hours.

Sometimes I want to get so mad, but the nausea in my stomach won't let me.

• crapola
    crapola

I went to the Memorial. We had attendence of about 230. I could'nt believe sooner's comment about the woman who had just lost her son in a car wreck that morning. It's insane to think you'd feel so obligated to go at a time like that. But maybe hearing the talk helped her. Who knows. We are all different and have to respect what others do even though to us it seems like crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit