Who's Going to the Memorial Tonight?

by daniel-p 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Tonight was the first Memorial I've missed since 1954.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No memorial here, but I'm going out to a bar soon.

W

• Layla33
    Layla33

I was going to go to the Memorial, but I went to Target instead.

Jokes, yall. I will be here all night.

• oldflame
    oldflame

You would not catchme inside a kingdumb hall ever not even if my mother died .

• One true Jesus Freak
    One true Jesus Freak

I'm so bummed... family went. I didn't try to convince them not to. I just hope that some day they will be convinced in their own mine that the organization is truly different.

• erandir
    erandir

I showed up yesterday at sundown because that is when the moon was full and therefore when the memorial should have taken place. (Thanks to all of you who showed us your research on the subject recently!) I was at the place where the memorial has been held in my town for the past several years. No one was there, so I went back home.

So...apparently, they are having the memorial tonight at the kingdum hall. How am I supposed to know these things? I haven't been to a meeting in well over a year.

Erm...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Seriously, I'm not going tonight. My wife is there, and I'll find out all I care to know when she gets back.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I showed up yesterday at sundown because that is when the moon was full and therefore when the memorial should have taken place. (Thanks to all of you who showed us your research on the subject recently!) I was at the place where the memorial has been held in my town for the past several years. No one was there, so I went back home.

They wanted to have it on a Saturday night. That way they can head straight out to the bars afterward without going home first.

W

• erandir
    erandir
    That way they can head straight out to the bars afterward without going home first.

True dat! I never thought of it like that. Especially here in Ohio, since smoking in public places is now illegal! I oughta drive around town to see how many of their cars are parked outside the pubs.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

The attendance at the memorial I attended was....was...wait....I DID NOT FREAKING GO TO THE MEMORIAL....HAHAHAHAHAHA ...woo whoo... first time ever...!!!!!

I am sure the shunning will commence forthwith. My best friend (and former fellow elder, now in a different congo) drove up next to me this morning while I was sitting outside a customer's house doing paperwork..... of course, he took the day off work to get those last few invitations out....cant have any lying around, now can we? (Besides they make lousy scrap paper..they are printing on both sides now...no where to write stuff....) He made sure to remind me I could always come to theirs if I didnt have other plans... lol...he knows not to push it..but he had folks in the car with him..so he had to at least make a subtle attempt.... cant blame him there...

yeah...I had other plans...I worked until after 8pm...thus missing all the 7pm start times...and got back into my town at 840pm (after a detour to the chinese place for carryout).... shucky darn...not enough time to go to the 830 start time either...damn... I wonder what they would have said if I showed up in t-shirt, jeans, and my hat! heh heh...guess we will never know...lol

Snakes () ...in a damn good mood for now....

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Just missed my third Memorial in a row, and I am never going back!!!!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit