Who's Going to the Memorial Tonight?

by daniel-p 43 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

OK everyone, who has to go to the Memorial tonight? Check in here, state the reason you have to go, and when you get back, let us know how it went and your impressions. For me, I have to go for my family--since I'm doing the fade I figure it won't kill me to go. Fortunately I'm not going to my old congregation, so I'll be able to avoid the awkward conversations.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I'm not going, i've got better things to do.... like drinking my bottle of Jamesons (with ice).

I believe my mother and brother are going to it.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Can you also report back here if the attendance was higher, lower, or the same as in past years.

• free2think
    free2think

I didnt go, my first, of many, non attendance.

• Asheron
    Asheron

I am going.....no wait...Im going to an atheist fest....duh..can never get that straight.

• Galileo
    Galileo

I'm going, I put in an appearance every now & again so my friends that are still in can feel OK about hanging out with me. But I'm getting PLASTERED first! My new annual tradition. And hey, at least they're serving food and alcohol at this thing, right?

• Sirona
    Sirona

ROFL @ Galileo

I didn't go...I'd rather eat a slimy slug than suffer that bollocks.

Sirona

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I am going. I have to take my mother. Last year my son had a scream fest in the Hall. I got to leave because of it. Actually that was the worst fit he had ever had. It was funny to me. He is in quite the mood again today.

• loosie
    loosie

The full moon was last night. tonight the moon is only 99% full. I thought memorial was to be on the full moon.

• spanteach
    spanteach

Who's going? Um..not me. . When I was a regular, I disliked the hypocrisy of people who ONLY showed up to the memorial. If you're going to quit going, go for the whole enchilada. So I don't attend knowing full well that I have no intention of going back.

Not judging anyone who is going. I'm merely stating my reason for not going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit