Atheists are a bunch of meanies...

by nvrgnbk 28 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

so I don't want to play anymore.

I'm taking my ball and going home.

My turn to rant

Jesus Christ, Burn.

If you have God Almighty on your side, what's with all the frustration?

Shouldn't you be serenely chuckling to yourself at the arrogant stupidity of the nonbelievers, knowing that they're all in for a surprise when they meet their Maker?

I really don't get the irritability.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I really don't get the irritability.

You don't? Then why this irritable thread?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Actually Tuesday (an athiest) and myself (a Christian) are having a very amicable debate on whether or not God exists and we can prove it on another thread. Which btw, Burn feels is a waste of time.

But actually, I disagree. Although ultimately Tuesday and I will not convince each other of the other's beliefs, I think it will help us better understand the other person's view. I think understanding other people keeps us from being prejudiced against them For instance, he may find that all christians are not complete morons and are aware of scientific views, and I may find that all athiests do not have devil horns and speak backwards, (just kidding).

And, if someone is secure in "their own beliefs", the conversation will not deteriorate into a name calling, ugly match. Its only when people feel insecure that they get into arguements.

Like it was said, niether athiest nor believer will know which side is correct, until God comes down here and tells us, or not. Peace, Lilly

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Then why this irritable thread?

What's irritable about it?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Your irritable and condescending tone:

Jesus Christ, Burn.

If you have God Almighty on your side, what's with all the frustration?

Shouldn't you be serenely chuckling to yourself at the arrogant stupidity of the nonbelievers, knowing that they're all in for a surprise when they meet their Maker?

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

NGB,

You go girl!!!

Alex

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    irritable and condescending

If you let go of the suppositions about my tone and attempt to answer the questions we might start to understand one another.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

It's quite sad how, in any argument about theism, Christians are inevitably reduced to saying "well we'll just have to wait and see when God comes to straighten things out." They're defending the existence of the most supreme being conceivable to the human intellect. They should have a better argument than that.

• Galileo
    Galileo
    niether athiest nor believer will know which side is correct, until God comes down here and tells us, or not.

Well there you go. He has not. We win. This issue can be reopened for discussion when he does. Until then, I expect you and all the other theists to consider the matter closed, by your own logic.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    If you let go of the suppositions about my tone and attempt to answer the questions we might start to understand one another.

I have answered all the questions you have posed to me. You started this thread to make fun of BTS. You've succeeded. You are indeed the big man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit