ok so who exactly is going to the memorial this year....and why?

by Cordelia 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

child of god

Are you counting time for that message??? I am sorry but you were preaching. We know what you are saying, and have been in your mindset ourselves. Now we are free to think for ourselves.

Personally I am not here to Bash JW's. I am here for support because being a JW caused me great emotional distress and ruined my childhood. I don't go into JW websites or out on the street and say anything bad about them. I just want to talk to people who have been in the same shoes as I have been and to compare our experiences and feelings. You have perhaps errantly found this site and obviously its not a place that is for you.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

We must remember that it is Jehovah whom we are striving to please not man

Anyways, I'm going because I have no choice.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am getting dressed to go as I write...

Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    I have been reinstated and I feel so alive, invigorating, and refreshed.

Good for you!

I also feel very, very alive, invigorated, and refreshed .... being away from JWism did it for me.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Child of god - I see your feeling - I see your pain - I see your confusion!

You are a curtain to us who cannot open because your love has you in a place others care for you in!

But many here have been tossed beyond that curtain and have decades of pain and not being spoken to or if so not taken seriously due to the peoples thoughts that you share.

We do not believe in your god!

And we get punished for it!

We have no desire to cut you off!

But if you believe your people you will have to cut us off - in fact you must!

I feel it is sad but you cannot be amongst your people and speak with us - it is forbidden you!

• cognac
    cognac
    When that happened my life just got worse I cried myself to sleep nightly.

I'm sorry that this happened. We all want to live to the moral standards that we set out for ourselves. I feel your pain in that it heart your heart when you didn't or couldn't live up to those standards...

It had nothing to do with being cut off from the congregation or family because half my family still associated with me. My feeling terrible and lost was because I had lost my relationship with God.

I can totally understand this... You look at it a lot like I do. If I do something wrong, it's about me feeling like I did something wrong towards God... If anything, I'd feel bad that my family got hurt by what I did, but if I felt like I lost my relationship with God, that would be the worst feeling ever...

For a while I tried to make myself feel better by making myself believe that I didn't have to be a JW. I never bashed JW's I just made myself content with not going to the meetings.

That's a difficult thing, to try and make yourself feel better when you don't even believe what your trying to convince yourself of...

I was disfellowshipped for 10 years and I thank God that soon I came across a WT magazine and the minute I read it I couldn't deny it any longer. I resumed going to the meetings and then Hurricane Katrina happened. I prayed fervently to Jehovah to keep me, my husband and our 3 kids (7,6,4) safe. After the storm we were able to pull ourselves together buy our home and get settled in a new state. I continued to pray to Jehovah for help and guidance and sure 'nuff one of the Witnesses knocked on my door. From there it's history, I have been reinstated and I feel so alive, invigorating, and refreshed. I feel closer to God than I have ever felt.

I'm glad you found peace and happiness...

What I think happens to most of us when we leave the truth is we don't examine ourselves before making decisions. We get to the point that we want to blame everything and everyone else for what we have gone through instead of looking at what we have done wrong to cause it. Those of us who were disfellowshipped; all the while it was happening to others, we had no problems with it. BUT when it happened to us we just can't understand why they had to disfellowship us. So we start blaming the brothers, the congregation, the religion for something we basically brought on ourselves. We must remember that it is Jehovah whom we are striving to please not man and Jehovah can read our hearts so there's no reason for us not to be true with ourselves because what it all boils down to is our being judged based on our doing not anyone elses.

This is not true at all. I examined the scriptures and had major problems with the teachings... I was a pioneer when I came to this conclusion. It was and has been difficult to come to this conclusion... I examined a lot of different bible commentaries, I looked into the original greek language. I used www.htmlbible.com a lot when I did my research. I used Strongs dictionary on that website, something the society uses... I didn't use "apostate" websites in my research...

Things really hurt my heart when I found out certain things. There was a lot of things that I found out, and I didn't use any "apostate" literature with my research... for instance, they told people not to have Organ transplants because it was considered cannibolism. I think that was in 67 or 68. Then in I think 1980 that they could now have organ transplants. Never any sort of apology for all the people that died because of this teaching... That was 1 of many, many things that I found out within my research... It's heart-wrenching to find these things out when I was so dedicated to the society's teachings...

It wasn't that I or many people here were d'f and want to blame someone. This is painful for many of us... Do you know how much I cried when I and many people here found these things out??? We come here because we had our hearts torn out because of the pain of finding these things out... Some were Elders, Bethelites, Pioneers, etc when they found out these things. Do you realize how many families have been torn apart because we found out things that were not right and our hearts couldn't go along with it??? It's been the most painful experience of my life. I didn't want to find these things out. I loved JWs. My heart was within the cong. I used to actually cry when people didn't respond at the doors because I felt satan blinded there eyes...

Finding these things out just broke my heart... I may very well lose my husband and entire family because my heart can't go along with some of the things they do. Do you have any idea how difficult that is???

We come here for support. We come here to cry with one another, we come here to laugh with eachother. We come here to pour out our hearts so we can deal with the pain. Some of us are mad, because we got hurt and the pain is unbearable... We listen and help eachother.

Again I pray that you all search your hearts and pray to God that he allow his holy spirit to guide you to the right path/course

Thanks for praying for us. I will pray also...

• flipper
    flipper

CHILD OF GOD- In answer to your question if this is a " Bash the Jehovah's Witness forum " ? No, it's not. It is an , " Educate the witnesses and ex-witness forum ", so to speak . Listen, I respect that you are a Jehovah's Witness. I was once like you. I got out over 4 years ago at age 44 after being in it from birth. But I learned some things that made me get out .

I wanted to clarify some things which you said , which I had clarified for me too. Some of these things were "incorrect assumptions" which many people make. You stated that , " Some bring up the pedophiles. But that's in all religions ; some more than others. But we know that each and every one of us are imperfect beings ". Some Jehovah's Witnesses use the word " imperfect " as if to minimize the gravity of certain sins. They will say, " Oh! I'm imperfect . Jehovah knows I'm a sinner - so He'll understand . " Which is understandable for small offenses. But pedophilia and child abuse is considered a crime of felony proportions in the U.S.A. , one which the offender can be put away in prison for life - the same penalty for murder ! This isn't just a case of " imperfection " that makes these people molest children . It is sick, twisted , evil unrighteousness ; and the more ironic thing is man made laws punish these people even more than the Watchtower society - who many times let's pedophiles travel from congregation to congregation to molest more children ! And innocent people have been disfellowshipped for reporting child abuse to the authorities ! Does that seem a little strange to you that would happen in an organization considered " God's true organization " ? Think about it.

Also you mentioned, " It's natural we will come across one or two and sometimes maybe HALF A CONGREGATION that do not live their life according to the Bible . " Isn't that a bit odd ? Since Jehovah's holy spirit is running the elders and the congregation - don't you think the holy spirit and angels would do a better job of keeping the congregation " clean " spiritually than allowing HALF THE CONGREGATION to be endangering other rank and file members of your congregation ?? An organization that is approved by God Jehovah would never allow child abuse to continue undisciplined or allow wicked people to exist in half a congregation . That does not happen in the " truth " or a religion considering itself to be the " true " religion. CHILD OF GOD - I will keep you in my prayers as well that you may come to see the true light ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Mary
    Mary

I'm going tonight....... Lord knows I don't want to......but since my parents don't shun me, I figure I can bite the bullet for an hour if it makes them happy.

Plus, going to the Memorial and listening to the insane reasoning coming from the platform, reminds me of why I left in the first place.

And finally, it gives me the opportunity to write a report on here as to how many times "Jesus" is mentioned, as opposed to how many times "the little flock" or "the remnant" or "the F&DSC" is mentioned.

If memory serves, over the last 3 or 4 years, I don't think they even mention the words "Calvary" or "Golgatha". There's no mention of the Betrayal, Jesus praying in the Garden, or even his final moments of death. All that takes a back seat and is minor in importance compared to 'who gets to take the bread and wine.'

Less than 3 hours to go...........

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Going...of course we all know the talk by rote..blah blah blah..., but there's usually a 'new twist' at the end, like some kind of hook line to get everyone's interest piqued into coming to the 'special talk'

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Child of God said:

When you get to the point of criticizing someones worship to God; that's a sin in itself

I'm not a JW and never have been one. I attended one meeting where they spent 3/4 of it criticizing others worship of God. By your own comment, the Watchtower sinned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit