ok so who exactly is going to the memorial this year....and why?

by Cordelia 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

child of god i understand what you are saying but... how can a sane person say they prayed to god to save them from hurricane katrina and he did?? what about my friends relatives one a co who was klled surely if you read the bible you know he doesnt interfere right now!!!

actually i cant understand i am not here to bash jws my whole family and life was one! you're lucky that when you were dfed you had weak family members who would talk to you!

i am here for support thats all, lovely to speak to people who actually think for themselves not quote the bible in wrong text, you ever read the origanal of what you quoted before!!

sorry but i'm mad at the mo, AND IF YOU WERE A PROPER WITNESS YOU WOULDN'T BE ON HERE!!

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

I attended yesterday evening, primarily to accompany my wife because I wouln't want her to be noisily pitied and feel embarrassed if she were going on her own. I must admit, too, that I keep a christian sensitivity and attending the memorial offers an opportunity to make the positive step of leaving aside daily activities, even though for a short while, to stop and reflect upon Jesus' sacrifice, which I wouldn't do if I didn't attend. That being said, I found, as always, that too many prayers were told, so much so that the tellers didn't know what to say in the end, making up for emptiness with more length and verbousity. The talk was given by an elder who, maybe because he was young, felt obligated to display extra solemnity. In addition, he ended up with that story which I can't believe was part of the outlines, about Jennifer- the- she-cat- that- took- her- kittens- one- by- one- out- of- her- burning- shelter- in- the- New- York-area- was- badly-burnt- but- when- they- read- the- story- in- the- papers- thousands- of- people- throughout- the- world- wanted- to- adopt- Jennifer- and- her- kittens. He went on saying that Jesus was so much more self sacrificing than Jennifer the she-cat. I was wondering how Jesus was feeling about His sacrifice being marketed so lousily.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have been to the JWD congregation's memorial--via the video. And I saw it again via Freeminds while this forum was down all morning yesterday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit