Do you believe we are alone (Aliens, God and Angels)?

by Layla33 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33

A post someone else made, just made me want to start a discussion on the ideas of aliens, people from other planets, etc and our ideas of God, Jesus and Angels/Demons.

The first time I ever even thought about this on any real level was when I was taking a Greek Mythology course and we were talking about avatars and the like, at the very same time I was taking a philosophy course and started discussing "Did God Create Man or did man create God". It was during that semester that that a group of friends and I started having these very existential discussion which lead to some very interesting questions and dialogue. I have never looked at things the same.

Flash forward to about three and a half years ago and through a chain of events, I am in a room with people from NASA working on a grant proposal. These are very high level people, people that had PhD out the you know what, some of them had helped build space shuttles and design them, one person that had actually been on a space flight. After a long day sitting in a room, we started talking off topic and because of the position I was in, I asked questions directly of them. I threw out about the first time we landed on the moon - there's a lot of controvery over that subject, area 51 (a friend of mine worked at the Los Alamos lab for over five years) and the bottom line question, "are we alone, are there aliens out there that the government is communicating with on a regular basis?"

The response was quite interesting, and that's all I will say.

I say all of that to say, my personal view is that we are not alone in this universe, that there are being from other planets. However, people are free to think what they want on this.

Which brings me to the question of God, Angels, Demons, etc...

We discuss "the heavens" and we say "our creator" and we talk about "angels/demons" as if they are not of this world, well where exactly is the heavens and where is these things that we call "angels" and "demons" and everything in between. Isn't it plausible that heaven is just another planet and that our bible is really a lot of man made justifications and retelling of our interaction with beings from other galaxies and such?

I am curious about other people's thoughts on this. I have more to say, but I would really like to read what other people think.

• MOG
    MOG

It could be...of course I always tell the wife that I KNOW that we arent the only beings (even outside the spirit realm). I can not see GOD creating only what is showing in the bible or visible to us..I believe a GOD will have many different types of beings similar or dissimilar to us..He wants worship, he wants children..I hope there more than this for us - I see GOD having a plan that we are not aware (seeing), for EVERYONE..I do believe that GOD knew Adam and Eve will sin, I do believe that he knew Satan will do what he did (heck Jesus - the son of God - knew Judas was going to betray)..If Jesus only came to save a few, then it will mean GOD failed to do what he sent Jesus for - to save ALL..

• new boy
    new boy

The information I recieved is there are over 100,000 different alien live forms in our milky way alone!

You are a tease....tells us what your NASA friends told you.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I responded to this topic and then the server frooze, twice.

The NASA people I discussed this with and there were about six, did not come out and directly say there are beings from other planets, they talked around it and didn't dismiss it totally. I will go further to say that we started talking about life on other planets and in a weird way they implied that some of our technology is from other planets, hard to explain you had to be there. The thing that came to mind was nanotechnology.

As for "God" and the heavens, we say the "spirit realm", but where is this spirit realm and whose account are we going by anyway? I think we have tried to create a "religion" based on our interaction with beings that are of higher intelligence and light yeas over us in every way. We pray to a creator, and we say "God", but there are many gods to be quite honest. If we are solely going by the biblical explanation, realized that it took 300 years for the bible to be cannonized, in that time, it was the idea of the theological/religious faction to rewrite, edit and make it conform to a single belief system.

God/Jehovah/Yahweh or the highest power is not a human, so what exactly is it/he/she (whatever pronoun works for you)? Isn't it possible/feasible that this being we consider our highest authority and that we pray to, is non-human and not from this world, thereby an "alien" and from another world?

I really believe ancient Egyptians had contact with other beings on a regular basis. Why I do not know.

• Gregor
  • Gregor
  • Gregor
  • journey-on
    journey-on

I read a book called The Gods of Eden by Wm. Bramley that really gave me some food for thought.

I took a lot of it with a grain of salt, but some of it made complete sense. Chapter 7 is Jehovah.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I don't believe we are the only intelligent beings in this whole vast Universe. We 're such a tiny insignificant planet in the Milkey Way Galaxy. How can we think that there isn't life form in the infinite number of Galaxies that are out there. Most of them are so far away that it would be almost impossible to know of them. When you think about it our nearest Galaxy with a solar system is 4 light years away. We can't even travel at the speed of light yet.

Its hard to fathom for us but I am sure there are other life forms. Yes I think there is angels and demons.

I hope one day we will find out more about the mysteries of the universe.

I hear there has been some things the Government knows about and is covering up.

Anyone heard about the 1947 alien incident in Roswell New Mexico

http://www.roswellufomuseum.com/incident.htm

• Layla33
    Layla33

The Rosewell incident, did indeed happen and I have talked to people who lived in New Mexico (want to visit there in the next year) and worked at the Los Alamos lab. There is no way that many people would be lying about it, as it serves no purpose.

I have read that there are actual underground cities in New Mexico and beyond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit