Hi guys, I'm new here.

by spanteach 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33
    I don't have any problem with any of the things we were taught in the congregation and I still believe in Jehovah and his guidance. There are still some things that I miss about it, like volunteering at assemblies and getting to know people from other congregations. I'm just not going to be told what to do by a bunch of self-righteous hypocrites who are in the forefront of the congregation and who decide for themselves that because I'm not breaking my neck to get in 70 hours a month AND support myself financially I'll be destroyed at Armageddon. Whew, okay, that's all. Any questions, class? LOL

Interesting...

Welcome. There is a plethra of information that you should find helpful.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi Spanteach. Welcome to the forum. It's a great place for support, and please post as much as you feel you want to. The limit is 2 new topics a day, and 75 posts per 24 hour period. You can be a "pioneer" here, or not. Can I assume you teach Spanish? (I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes.)

As far as the "Jehovah and his guidance" thing, one thing for sure -- there is no connection between Jehovah and the Watchtower Society. Have you read "Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz? It really shows the organization for what it is -- from a former Governing Body member.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Hola spanteach!

Thanks for sharing your story. How are things with mom and dad now that they know the score?

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi

Welcome

Well done to you for knowing what you wanted and not being pushed!

Sirona

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, spanteach.

So glad you got an education. My husband and I are nearing retirement age,and have lousy low paying jobs, no vacations, and no prospects for being able to retire.

My daughter is in college, and WILL get a degree!!!!!

• ninja
    ninja

welcome spanstress........da ninja..

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

Hey, Span! Welcome to the board. You'll find answers and support here. Post as much as you want, these folks are patient and incredibly helpful and kind. :) -Potential

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

May you find whatever it is you need to help you on your journey.

lol

hope

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Hi Spanteach, what you have expressed in your post is pretty much a common feeling with allot of ex-jws, in the fact they do miss the friendships

and the social environment with meeting people and perhaps volunteering, but as you have stated the over all structuring of the faith is askew within itself perhaps of the

underlining commercial aspect of it all.

Its always good to have new and different people voice their opinions in the forum so welcome aboard.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yay! A tasty newbie! Just kidding.

Welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit