Hi guys, I'm new here.

by spanteach 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    Thanks so much to everyone who's given me support in this thread. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

You are WElcome, Welcome to are Board. You are smart to have a education. Thank you for sharing your story.

alt

• mind my own
    mind my own

Welcome to the board, nice to meet you!

MMO

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Spanteach.

Looks like you're an independent thinker.

Good!

Keep on being yourself; keep on being analytical.

I won't go browbeat you for your beliefs; I've been there and done that; you've heard it all / read it all before on here (yada-yada).

South Carolina (on an tangent), I was there in October 2007. Spent time up in the Spartanburg - Greenville area. Loved it!

Just the same, take your time with all things here (grains of salt - OK, buckets of salt in some cases).

Ask plenty of questions; be critical and don't take OUR word for anything: research everything and anything.

Your folks - if you're on good terms with them; love'm anyways.

I find your posts refreshing; and grounded.

I hope you'll be forthright and challenging in your observations here.

Best to you, regardless.

Respectfully yours.

• spanteach
    spanteach
    Looks like you're an independent thinker.

Yeah, that always seemed to get me into trouble. What's this?? A single sister who can...*dramatic gasp* think for herself??? We can't allow that!

I'm on relatively good terms with my parents. I do still love them and I don't fault them for the way they raised us. They did what they believed was right. However, it annoys me slightly that every time I talk to my mother, she ALWAYS has a new tidbit for me. "this year's memorial is...(insert date" "our circuit assembly is...(insert date)" "we have our convention in (insert city) on (insert date)." you get the idea, but I'm so close to saying "it's been three years mom. I'm not coming back so I don't care when the upcoming events are." But I respectfully refrain.

As far as where I live, I've only been in South Carolina for two years. The first year was spent on the coast and the most recent year is a couple of hours inland. I'll make it to the foothills one day.

• Barbie Doll
  • flipper
    flipper

SPANTEACH- Welcome to the board friend ! We look forward to knowing you better and hearing your story and experiences ! My wife and I welcome you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Great post, Span..Sounds like you and I are in the same category--not ready to renounce all doctrine and everything we've been taught in the org, but resentful of the heavy-handedness and self-righteousness of many individuals in positions of authority within it, and that thinks that the overwhelming majority of people that make up the JW religion are good, sincere, well-intentioned folks. Like my grandfather would probably say, sounds like you've got "your head screwed on straight"--Look forward to more posts from you. PM me some time!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit