Did you ever buy from Ebay?

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

What would you love to find on Ebay, that you can't find anywhere?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I bought season 1-5 of the TV show "24" on eBay. I did find it in stores but at double the price. So even with shipping it came it cheaper to buy on eBay.

I'm on the hunt now for Season 6 - at a good price with a reasonable shipping cost

• JH
    JH

I wonder if the bidding is honest.

Lets say that a person wants 50 dollars for an article and I offer 20$, and no one else bids......can that same person bid under a different name so that I have to bid even higher to finally win the article....?

• berylblue
    berylblue

Sex.

• knock knock
    knock knock

I think the bidding is generally fair but there are sellers that don't play by the rules. It's happened to me before. Seller yanks the listing minutes before it ends because he doesn't want to "sell it for pennies on the dollar". All sorts of stuff but I've bought many, many things off ebay with only a couple of bad speriences.

Sellers are not "supposed" to bid on their own items but if there is a way to cheat the system it will be done. If they just don't want to let it go for under x price then they usually set a reserve price.

• JH
    JH

Thanks knock knock for your input.

I didn't bid often, but saw an article for 10 bucks, so I bid 15, then a few days went by and all of a sudden a person bid more than me...so i bid more and it wannt enough to win, so i bid more and more and more and it was just me and that other person..... I smelled a rat.....so stopped bidding.....thinking it was that person who wanted more for his article.

I would have accepted it if many would have bid, but just me and that person....and all at the last moment.

There were many pictues from many angles of the article i wanted to purchase....making me think that the person selling took a lot of time to do that.....and I guess wanted way more than they initially asked for.

I think the person bidding against me was the seller...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I buy and sell on E-bay - not a lot, just getting started. There is generally more activity at the end of an auction. Someone else may have set up automatic bids, so that everytime you bid, their bid would increase to top yours, until either you gave up, or they reached their maximum bid. I suppose that some people do try to cheat the system, but I don't think it's all that common. I had one item that 2 people bid on and the price went up quite a bit during the last hour. They both wanted it and were bidding against each other. Other times, I got only one bid and the buyer got the item quite cheap. The problem with trying to cheat the system is, if you try to run the price up, people may just give up, then you are stuck, don't sell the item at all, and still have to pay a listing fee.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I buy and sell on ebay - not a lot, either, but I make a little cha-ching there now and then. Have had no problems, but I imagine there is a lot of fraud. I watched a show on television about fraud on ebay. You're right, if there is a way to cheat, someone will figure it out. I notice more and more retailers selling at higher prices. It used to be easier to find a good deal on ebay.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Golden Ages and Consolations.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I bought a Picasso II video card for an A3000 I once had. As well as TurboPrint which allowed me to use 24 bit printing on my Amiga. Yeah, I know, pretty sad compared to all the PC platform had to offer at the time. But I loved the platform. Kinda like Mac Addicts....which I may soon become.

I'd love to get a great condition G4 Cube from Ebay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit