Do you believe the FDS is God's spirit directed organization???

by cognac 22 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

ummm, hi, NO!!!

How do you get around that question without lying??? I want to get some people out of this org while I'm still in but don't want to lie either...

• Honesty
    Honesty

"It is spirit directed."

• cognac
    cognac
    "It is spirit directed."

lol, yeah, but by who, lol...

• TD
    TD

JW's are famous for taking advantage of the slightest ambiguity and shifting definitions with out informing the listener/reader

I say play the game right back

Do you believe the FDS is God's spirit directed organization?

You could truthfully answer "Yes" if you have some other definition of the term, FDS than the JW's do

• cognac
    cognac
    You could truthfully answer "Yes" if you have some other definition of the term, FDS than the JW's do

What other definition would i get???

• Honesty
    Honesty
    "It is spirit directed."
    lol, yeah, but by who, lol...

• TD
    TD
    What other definition would i get???

Well, many non-JW believers interpret the parable of the faithful and wise servant (FDS) as simply a reminder of the responsibility of all Christians in faithfully discharging their responsibilities in the interregnum.

If the faithful and wise servant, to you, is simply the body of faithful Christians since the time of Christ, then you could concievably answer that question in the affirmative. without lying.

Of course if you don't believe in God or the Bible at all, then saying, Yes would obviously be a lie.

• yknot
    yknot

Sometimes you can only plant seeds of doubt.

I always respond to the question by saying " I just wish we would heed more attention to Jehovah's last covenant and how he dealt with when human imperfection led Israel away from Jehovah" I then usually say I am scared, especially since the FDS 'closed up heaven" for 70+ years citing

(Matthew

23:13) . . .Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men. . .

Then add imagine those who were anointed and didn't partake because the FDS said it was closed in 1935.

• Borgia
    Borgia

You do not have to: They are mixing up Jehovah Jesus GB and FDS. so they really appear at least God to the Great Crowd, and at least in a very special union with God, making them godly.....

Therefore, it is gods spirit directed organisation. here's the proof: Elders are appointed by spirit to become elders, no? Who does the appointing? ......Yes the GB through the WBTS....thus the conclusion is.....

From this point of view, I would say it is pretty much conceivable to say: I believe it to be gods spirit directed organisation without succumbing to its rigid and stupefying rules.....THEO CRATIC WAR FARE......

Cheers

Borgia

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

Since the FDS is not what the organization says it is, then my answer to that question would be, "I believe the FDS is spirit directed." Notice I left out the part about the "organization"? I would NOT say, "I believe the FDS is God's spirit directed organization". That would be false. Of course, the elders are skilled at interrogation, and it would soon be clear to them after an hour or so that although you believe that the FDS is spirit directed, you do not believe the GB to be the FDS.

Perhaps a better approach would be that since we are to follow our conscience and we know the FDS to publish false information from time to time (See Awake! 1993 Mar. 22 p.4), then everything they publish, whether doctrine or policy or opinion, must be scrutinized heavily and one's individual Bible- trained conscience must decide what is true and what is false. Though to some extent they may be spirit- directed, they are not infallible and therefore the FDS cannot be blindly trusted without question. These are the things I question and why... (enter your list here). Then when they raise immortal hell about you being an apostate, quote them this excerpt from the Watchtower April 1, 1991 p.17 "Mankind's Search for God" article;

"Thus, every person is encouraged to examine other religions with an open mind. As is stated on page 10: “Understanding one another’s viewpoint can lead to more meaningful communication and conversation between people of different faiths.” It continues: “True, people may strongly disagree about their religious beliefs, but there is no basis for hating a person just because he or she holds a different viewpoint.”

After that, how can they disfellowship anyone for not completely following the organization? You can even throw in these quotes from the 4/1/1920 Watchtower page 101;

"If some did not care to work in harmony with the Society thus constituted, that would be their privilege; yet that would not mean that there should be any ill feeling, nor that such should be disfellowshipped... If others see it in a different way, that is their privilege. There should be full liberty of conscience."

Of course, then the elders will say that that is "old light"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit