Tent cities growing outside Los Angeles

by What-A-Coincidence 15 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    This is why I prefer foreign journalism to US media. Our newstories are so controlled and we are only shown probably 15% of what is actually going on across our country and 5% of the rest of the world.

Yes exactly, good thing for these other media outlets. Even local networks have filters of the things that happen within the city.

• oompa
    oompa

I have been by four large rv parks in NC recently, and they are all maxed out. I showed one to my wife as we drove by and you can quickly tell the rv's are always there....these people are NOT on vacation, but on their last leg............sad.........oompa.....but it a great time to buy and own an r/v park, and these people are easy to evict, from an investors point of view.

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

I had no idea. This is incredibly sad. Not only for those experiencing it, but also for all of America, because our media isn't covering this. I've harped for years about the poor coverage of the Iraq war and how if we were shown more about what goes on there there would be such an outrage from the common folks war would be over! Think about Vietnam- I was only a kid at that time, but I remember seeing images of soldiers in the field EVERY night on the news. Disgusting. As Oldflame said, billions on the never ending war, but not a crumb for those in desperate need. -Potential

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

We got them here in Tampa bay.

It's like the movie field of dreams, If you build it they will come.

They should be heading back up north in another month.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Thank you for telling us about it. Good old Bush, They need to kick his butt out..

altalt

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Bush is a liar.

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit