How Did Your JW Wife or Husband Leave You?

by new boy 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Friends of mine have marriages that are not under strain by one unbelieving mate because both mates are travelling the path to unbelieving together

My husband and I are one of those couples, I do not know what may have come if one or the other left but not together. It most certainly would

have been a strain in the relationship. He was a ms and I was a regular pioneer for 10 years.

hope4others

• still_in74
    still_in74

I hear you man. I wish I could write some encouraging words but know that you aren't alone in feeling this way. I love my wife and child more than anything. Honestly, I just don't know if its worth it without them.

As a Widow ! & kids lost to the organisation, kids lost in death, & really being alone now ( except for one daughter out of the Borg) I have to say I understand ... I think love covers a multitude of sin. I think it is so sad you must pretend to believe to keep your loves. But in the long run I believe God examines hearts, & you both sound like your sacrificing yourselves for the wife & kids. A great gesture in my humble opinion

thanks doubting bro, thanks mouthy, I really appreciate your thoughts..........

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

This is all new to me. I am just now going thru all the emotional drama due to me exiting and the wife staying in. I can say tho that the relationship seems to be deteriorating and it is very strenuous.

I have been with my wife for 25 years a JW for 7. Even tho I have assured her that I love her very much and I am making a choice not to follow the WTBS. She feels that I am not choosing her. She also puts the religion ahead of what we have or had together.

I cannot see what the outcome will be but I am just hoping she comes to her senses before it caves in to where it is unrepairable therefore ending in tragedy.

But you have to be true to your heart and to yourself. Please do not try living a lie because you will just be miserable.

My heart goes out to anyone and everyone who is or has been in this situation.

Eyes Wide Open

Quirky1

• Ome Willem
    Ome Willem

Heartbreaking story. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us and good luck and lots of strength in the real life. I experienced something similar although it was at a much earlier stage of getting involved with the JW crowd. We have been divorced now for 10 years and there does not go a day by that I don't think about what happened and how I could have prevented it. My then wife (Russian by birth, I am Dutch, we were living in LA, CA since 1995), got involved with a bible reading group, which is mainly attended by Russian speaking people. To keep it short, my wife was brainwashed and dragged into the group, which later turned out to be JW's. In this spiel my stepdaughter , who was then only 8, was pushed into it by her mom, not being able to make decisions on her own yet, as to what she is getting into. For years I was able to visit them, since they still lived in North Hollywood, CA, but since they moved to Washington state all contact was gone. I still had my stepdaughters email address, but never got an answer anymore. I am heartbroken. I miss my stepdaughter, who turned 19 last month. Maybe not the place to ask, but does anyone have a clue as to how to get in touch with her? Sorry. This is the first time in 10 years I can share my story... it took me a while to start using the internet for my quest to find her and then try to open her eyes now that she is older. thanks

• new boy
    new boy

Ome you have a PM give me a call

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

Everyone loves a sad story....

• pirata
    pirata

This is a damn depressing thread. I'm sorry to hear about what happened (Was) New Boy.

• new boy
    new boy

From the bone yard.

Fifteen years later life couldn't be better. I'm engaged to a wonderful woman, a women who things for her self. She is nothing like the loveless "Stepford JW wife" I was married to.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It would be great to have an update from some of those posts that are now 8 years old.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit