How Did Your JW Wife or Husband Leave You?

by new boy 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

wow, such a touching story... the idea of everything being over with a kiss on the cheek is really powerful.

I am sorry for all that you loss to get free.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Keith, thanks for sharing your heart breaking story. It basically sums up my worst nightmare.

still_in74

at 33 years old I am beginning to wonder how many more years.
    Today I found the pressure of "living the lie" got to me so bad today that I actually broke down... just for a few seconds a couple of times... but it happened. I choked it down and moved on.
    for a brief moment today I just wanted to leave everything behind and be done with it. But here I am... living the lie.

I hear you man. I wish I could write some encouraging words but know that you aren't alone in feeling this way. I love my wife and child more than anything. Honestly, I just don't know if its worth it without them.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I hear you man. I wish I could write some encouraging words but know that you aren't alone in feeling this way. I love my wife and child more than anything. Honestly, I just don't know if its worth it without them.

As a Widow ! & kids lost to the organisation, kids lost in death, & really being alone now ( except for one daughter out of the Borg) I have to say I understand ... I think love covers a multitude of sin. I think it is so sad you must pretend to believe to keep your loves. But in the long run I believe God examines hearts, & you both sound like your sacrificing yourselves for the wife & kids. A great gesture in my humble opinion

• new boy
    new boy

Reniaa...Sure there was more to it then that....It was our whole life together that led up to that weekend. That week end was just the straw that broke her back. Did we "love" each other? Yes...but did we "really love" each other....I guess no, because our marriage wasn't based around the love we had for each other but around the church.

Looking back it was a loveless marriage, based around duty to church friends and family and last of all each other, (like mindless droids) there was no mutual respect. I couldn't respect her mindless thought system....She couldn't respect my crazy ideas...She liked me for being a rebel when we first meet but later hated it, when I wouldn't fit in with the rest of the cattle.

We were faithful the whole time, we were together out of duty. We knew there is only one way to end a marriage besides death and neither of us was about to do that. I found out how little passion there really was in our marriage after she left. I meet some else less just six weeks later, and felt real passion for the first time in my life. Has Forest Gump said "I'm not a smart man...but I know what love is!"

She had grounds less then 2 months after she left....Everyone believed I had someone on the side the whole time....it was not true. The "brothers" love to jump to conclusions don't they. They always give people the benefit of the doubt...

Gordy...."Ah the LOVE"

Chikkie.."Ah the LOVE"

Just Human....Family members turning each other in....It sounds so much like Nazis Germany. "We must safe guard the fatherland at all cost." God and country over family everythime.

NB

• oompa
    oompa

Well I am very impressed! Your wife had a SeaDoo at her age??? Amazing.

But I do have a question.....What about the high cost of divorce? I jhave been through one, and really dread another. Plus I used the exact same words as you to my wife, a year ago..."I just can't do it anymore."...She said, "so I'm on my own?" I said, "As far as anything JW you are." But she and I are trying to figure out how it will work with her in, me out, and it tough..............oompa

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    It saddens me on here to see how many relationships end when the faith in JW's does, people forget out of all the WTS and life you chose that person to love and raise a family with! Surely there must be more to our feelings for our partners than a religion? isn't that relationship worth fighting for even if the religion is gone? I

I'm not certain that I would agree with that statement. The same person who was raised a JW would not have explored all options open to him, most certainly not a variety of possible marriage mates, therefore, the choice would have been determined by the religion. Once in, many found themselves saddled with spouses they had nothing in common with and married to for the wrong reasons - 1974 being a prime example of people getting married because Armageddon was hitting that year. Repressive governance in the society along with a lack of social interaction, means no dating and marriage for convenience and sex. The idea of love not existing outside the religion is not so scary when you consider how many JW's cast off and shun their own kids, parents etc all in the name of the society. Love for a JW is often on condition that you are one of them - you leave and a JW must question that love and where their loyalty lie. sammieswife.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Once in, many found themselves saddled with spouses they had nothing in common with and married to for the wrong reasons -

You hit the nail on the head there Sammi. Once the common bond of "religion" is gone, often you realize the marriage was for all the wrong reasons.

• new boy
    new boy

Oompa...

Very expencive....Basicly I loss it all....I lost 25% of my Real Estate business (church related) and at the same time had to start paying her $2,300 a month alimony (not child support)....filed BK in 2003...Things are bettrer now. There are some things that are more important then money. Money is not a good reason to stay together.

SummieLee

I couldn't have said it better.

Bumble Bee

Your a beautiful person with a whole new wonderful world ahead of you...and you are are so worthy of it.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Friends of mine have marriages that are not under strain by one unbelieving mate because both mates are travelling the path to unbelieving together. Do I understand all your stories correctly in the sense that the common denominator is that your have become unbelievers and then broke the word? You travelled the road alone. And your mates could not or would not follow where you were headed, and therefore put a strain on your marriages?

Cheers

Borgia

• Exterminator
    Exterminator

Thank you, New Boy and SummieLee.

My ex and I had been happily married for ten years, and had pioneered together. When I exited the cult, we huged, cried and just divorced. Looking back to that marriage, I now thank my ex to have cut it off at once. Surgically.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit