Women - Do You Know What Men Really Want in a Relationship ?

by flipper 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

At the bottom of this thread is an ad that is directed to women............

<SeekingMillionaire.com>

Is that the correct answer?

Outaservice

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Here are a few things that come to mind:

1. Allow me some quiet time. No, I'm not sulking, scheming, or thinking about how big your ass is. I just like silence once in a while.
    2. Don't quit your job and still expect a tropical vacation. I do not eat, drink, or vacation on credit.
    3. Don't try to destroy my relationships with my family or friends. If you force me to choose, then you're the one to go.
    4. I like to cook. I'm good at it. Don't try to ban me from the kitchen, assuming that domain is yours alone.
    5. If you don't whine about my farting, then I won't hold your head under the covers. Whining only encourages me.
    6. Unless we're going somewhere special, I do not shave on weekends. Get used to it.
    7. My bird was here first. He takes priority. You can have your cuddles after 9 PM when he goes to sleep.
    8. If you are prone to issuing ultimatums, be aware that I will always call your bluff no matter what the cost.

W

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Football, hockey, beer and bad food. That is all.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I've decided I really don't care at this point in my life. I don't want or need a man.

• megaflower
    megaflower

I know that this is going to sound corny but I think of my husband as someone who I truly admire, love to spend time with, enjoy his wit and personality, love watching him be a father-very sexy, and he is my best friend. We married young and we are in our 28th year. I know that he needs my emotional support, someone to have listen to him, he can trust, love, have goofy fun with and just silent time. Sometimes it is the quiet times when we just are next to one another and there are no words spoken that are the most special. His eyes say it all.

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- It sounds like you really are " there " for your husband ! And a very caring wife ! I hope he is " there " for you as well.

OUTASERVICE- Lot's of women do seek millionaires !

WILDABEERMAN- That is funny ! Sports and food ! LOL!

NONI 1974- If you are happy staying single without a man - more power to you.

MEGAFLOWER- It sounds like you and your husband have a close, really loving relationship. 28 years and going strong ! Good for you guys ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I wanted to kick you, JK after reading your reply. ;o) If I am honest though(lol), I don't feel it is my job to intuitively know what most men want in a relationship.

I don't expect my husband to know my needs either, it is up to each of us to communicate our needs. So in a relationship it is more important to be in tune with what I want and need so I can communicate clearly. If he does the same (which mine does) than we don't have to interpret what each other want... though we do always try to be aware of each other as well.

I will say though that I don't think it is a woman/man issue. It is a partner issue. Just because another woman can articulate what she needs from a relationship, that doesn't mean it is what I need in my relationship. I just don't think of it in such a man/woman way. I am not partnered with a variety of men, just one... and I do attempt to understand his needs and meet them as an individual, as he does for me.

When you try to compare a variety of women (or men) and use their contradictions to "prove" that they don't know what they want or that they are confusing, you are doing yourself a huge disservice. We are all complex individuals and you can't interpret much of anything from me based on my gender alone.

After 10 years I do have a good understanding of my husband, but if I were to find myself with another man, I'd essentially be starting over.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I think my husband just wants to know that I really love him and support him. Listening when he just needs to talk,

or discuss, and when he has idea's about things he's read; Spending time together whether its watching tv or talking (and we do a lot of that) he is a very

intellectual person loves to read & discuss which sometimes wears me out. It is hard to focus at times but I know he needs that. We work together so we are together 24/7

but we allow each other space and that is respectful. True love is not possessive or dominating. You can be together and yet

apart in your thoughts in the same room at times (in a good sense.) We've been together almost 30 yrs now, so it must be working. ha ha ha

hope4others

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    be aware that I will always call your bluff no matter what the cost

Sounds like my brother in-law they have been separated for longer than they've been married now.

hope

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

I'm with AlyMC- we're all individuals, so it's hard to say what "men" in general want.

JK, you cynical sexy bastard, we ain't all like that, but I know there are some that are.

my man likes to know that I'm listening when he talks, and really hearing what he says. He loves when I flirt with him and let him know how sexy I think he is. He likes when I take an interest in what he's doing, whatever that may be. He likes when I let him win an argument every once in a while- lol! He loves when I give him a foot, back, or any other kind of rub. He likes it when I do that little extra something that shows I'm thinking of him, like sending a quick and sexy text message, or picking up a nice bottle of wine. He loves that we can be happy just watching wrestling together (yes I do!) or whatever, we don't have to constantly be on the go. He thinks it's cool that after 20 years together we are so in tune to each other that we think alike, can finish each other's sentences, and tell what the other is thinking before they say it. -Potential

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit