Women - Do You Know What Men Really Want in a Relationship ?

by flipper 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33
    7. My bird was here first. He takes priority. You can have your cuddles after 9 PM when he goes to sleep.

For some reason this caused me to laugh hysterically.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Nope lol!

But then I'm not looking for one either so no worries!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

This may not be helpful, but I'll share anyways...

Being a man makes certain things about relatoinships with men easier. You'd think. Uh-huh.

But then you start to realize that regardless of the gender you are engaged with, and while there are some basic relationship interests common to all humans, and while there are some things physiologically related to gender, what any given individual needs from a relationship or hopes for in a relationship with you in particular are as various as the supposed subtle distinctions of snow to the Innuit...

Do I look for the same things today in my partner that I looked for 20 years ago?

How much of traditional gender roles will still be with us 20 years from now?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Maybe I should rephrase the title on this one - " Women - Do you really Care what men want in a relationship ! "

Lol...nope!

I used to have the soft and pink mentality of a woman, but that changed when I realized that men (that I am and have been around) want the combination of a mother, a dumb bitch, a happily unpaid prostitute and submissive missy all in one. (vomit)

An honest question I have is, "Why do men Want to be in a relationship?"

• berylblue
    berylblue

I imagine most men want genuine respect, recognition for their efforts, a life free from nagging, and appreciation.

• watson
    watson

Lonely Sheep,

I think you've got it! Men are pretty simple animals. The latter part of this dictionary helped me to see this point.

DICTIONARY FOR WOMEN'S PERSONAL ADS Adventurous - Slept with everyone
    Athletic - No tits
    Average looking - Ugly
    Beautiful - Pathological liar
    Contagious Smile - Does a lot of pills
    Emotionally secure - On medication
    Feminist - Fat
    Free spirit - Junkie
    Friendship first - Former very *friendly* person
    Fun - Annoying
    New Age - Body hair in the wrong places
    Open-minded - Desperate
    Outgoing - Loud and Embarrassing
    Passionate - Sloppy drunk
    Professional - Bitch
    Voluptuous - Very Fat
    Large frame - Hugely Fat
    Wants Soul mate - Stalker
    WOMEN'S ENGLISH 1. Yes = No
    2. No = Yes
    3. Maybe = No
    4. We need = I want
    5. I am sorry = you'll be sorry
    6. We need to talk = you're in trouble
    7. Sure, go ahead = you better not
    8. Do what you want = you will pay for this later
    9. I am not upset = of course I am upset, you moron!
    10. You're very attentive tonight = is sex all you ever think about?
    MEN'S ENGLISH 1. I am hungry = I am hungry
    2. I am sleepy = I am sleepy
    3. I am tired = I am tired
    4. Nice dress = Nice cleavage!
    5. I love you = let's have sex now
    6. I am bored = Do you want to have sex?
    7. May I have this dance? = I'd like to have sex with you
    8. Can I call you sometime? = I'd like to have sex with you
    9. Do you want to go to a movie? = I'd like to have sex with you
    10. Can I take you out to dinner? = I'd like to have sex with you
    11. Those shoes don't go with that outfit = I'm gay

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I imagine most men want genuine respect, recognition for their efforts, a life free from nagging, and appreciation.

One of the things I learned and really enjoyed the heck out of when I was married to a JW? When he would nag me, which was all the time, I'd say to him, "Men, all they do is nag." Or, "Nag, nag, nag. Better to be stranded in a desert than to be with a nagging husband."

• cognac
    cognac
    Voluptuous - Very Fat

Crap, I've been called that, lol...

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That was funny, Watson!

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the great observations and answers folks ! We have a smart bunch of people here ! Great !

ALYMC- I agree that communication is so important in relationships. Neither partner can read each other's mind. Every relationship is different as we are all complex individuals as you said ! What works for some , might not work for others.

HOPE 4 OTHERS- You and your husband have a relationship like Mrs. Flipper and me. We love to talk , bounce ideas off of each other - but we are respectful of each other and give space to each other. We don't dominate or possess each other. It is an equal partnership . We've only been together a little over 2 years but we feel like we've known each other our whole lives !

POTENTIAL JW CONVERTS WIFE- I agree with you. We men love to hear we are sexy , that we are needed - it really builds our confidence up ! I love it when my wife tells me that ! We give each other back rubs or rubs on various body parts - which is relaxing ! LOL! A bottle of wine , nice salad , barbeque dinner , topped off with watching a cool movie and we are in for the night in hog heaven !

LAYLA 33- Some guys love their animals ! LOL! What can I say ?

SAD EMO- I'm glad you are happy in your life ! More power to you !

VOIDEATER- It is true what you say. What I need in my relationship at age 48 , is very different from what I needed in my early 20's ! So people's needs change - although one thing hasn't changed - I'm still a horn dog ! Gotta have that great mind blowing sex !

LONELY SHEEP- I understand your views from what you have experienced and noticed . I respect that. In answer to your question , " Why do me want to be in a relationship " ? I can answer you - at least my reasons . I want to be in a relationship because I love to give and share with a woman emotionally, mentally, and physically. I love to be loved and cared for and I love to take care of a woman ! That's why I married - to share my life with her and her share her life with me. Experience different things in life together - it can be great if you find the right person !

BERYL BLUE- You are right. We men want genuine respect , being recognized ,and being appreciated. I don't mind a little nagging here and there - just not chronic 24/7 nagging all the time ! LOL!

WATSON- Funny stuff ! Crazy list !

FLYING HIGH NOW- It is funny how some men nag more than women ! I've known men that drive me round the bend as buddies before ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit