What's the lowest meeting attendance you've ever seen?

by Open mind 17 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

28 is the lowest ever

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was the book study conductor one night, and only 1 person turned up. We came to a mutual decision to can the bookstudy and go home.

• thepackage
    thepackage

2 people! Myself and some guy that was DF. We where at the KH for bookstudy and i was conducting. I said opening and closing prayer, read all the pharagrahs, and answered the quetions. It was so funny but I felt i saw awesome!!!!!!!! Later that night i got drunk with the guy's son!!!!!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

We had the bs at our house for years and one night nobody showed up and my dad was out of town we just changed and did our thing. I'm glad my dad wasn't there he would have probrably just had the study with us... UGH. I remember hoping and hoping that no one would show up.

• Frank75
    Frank75

We had a congregation with some 130 or so cards in the file. Attendance was at least 90-120 most meetings (early 90's anyway)

One long weekend in July 97 we had 14 show up for the WT and Public talk. Schmuck boy here couldn't get anyone to give the talk so assigned himself....best talk I ever gave!

Frank75

• blondie
    blondie

The lowest were congregations near Wallkill. Since Bethelites have to put their Bethel jobs first and Wallkill used to be a farm operation, spring summer and fall saw few of them at the meetings. One congo had 80 publishers and Sundays routinely say 35 to 40 only. Here in the Midwest, 100 publishers and 60 to 70 on Sunday. They try and say people are ill, traveling, or visiting other congregations.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Williamsburg, KY.

Public Talk and WT Study - 8 including myself.

That was a wasted 95 mile round trip.

I did stay afterwards and go out in Field Service with the PO.

We had lunch at KFC.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Aside from when they had to cancel it altogether, I have seen book studies with attendance as low as 6, out of something like 25 that were supposed to be there. The Theocraptic Misery "School(??)" and Circus Meeting had a spell when the meeting attendance was in the mid 50s, and I can remember a trip below 50 (out of some 90 publishers), and the Sunday boasting session has had attendance in the 60s at times.

Unfortunately, as I was fading out, my former congregation was making a comeback. Boasting sessions, aside the special ones such as hounder-hounder visits, have had as many as 140 in attendance (for a regular public talk).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit