What's the lowest meeting attendance you've ever seen?

by Open mind 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

I'm talking about congos with at least 40-50 publishers in the file.

We had a nearby congo that supposedly had 60-65 publishers and their attendance on one TMS/SM night hit an all-time low of 14. They had a ton of elderly/infirm. They finally merged and now everybody's happy about the "increase".

How about you? What's the lowest attendance you've ever seen either at the K Hall or at a Book Study? Back stories would be nice too.

OM

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

We would have zero attendence when it would snow. We would usually get a phone call telling us to stay home.

• still_in74
    still_in74

i remember hearing that a group in my cong. got told off cause only the family of the BS conductor showed up to the BS once - it was at their house!

we gotta good laugh out of that...

• Open mind
    Open mind

Anybody have less than zero?

That's a tough act to follow jaguarbass.

I forgot about weather cancellations.

OK, other than weather-related cancellations, what's the lowest?

OM

• R.F.
    R.F.

I didn't see it personally but I know some from a nearby congregation that said their Public Talk and WT study had an attendance of 14 once, and that included the visiting speaker and his wife. It had 40 publishers at the time.

• Open mind
    Open mind

R.F. that's pretty low for a Sunday. How'd you like to give that talk? Kinda reminds me of the brother giving the Circ Assembly baptism talk a while back...... to ONE baptismal candidate. Talk about awkward. He was pausing and changing his sentence structure throughout the talk. Good times.

Hey still_in74, I'll bet that there are ton of low-show/no-show Book Study stories out there. Thanks for sharing that.

I remember when I was a young, wet-behind-the-ears MS, I was assigned to attend my first CBS away from Mom & Dad in order to "assist" as they had attendance problems. The first time I showed up it was me and the CBSO. We shot the shat for about 10 minutes and then left.

Best meeting of my life.

OM

• Casper
    Casper

We also had the BS in our home, I remember a couple times is would just be us and another family of 3. Making a total of 7.

The only low attendance at the Hall that I can remember was a Sunday Meeting... we normally had around 75 - 80, that one time we had 25... but, the weather was really bad, snow and sleet. The PO called us Die Hards, as if the others were to be looked down upon, since they hadn't made it in...... Even the speaker didn't show up, the meeting went on tho...with the PO improvising.

Cas

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

We would have some wintery Tuesday night meetings (TSM & KM) where about 30 people would turn up. Our cong was about 100 publishers in size.

For a while when I was house sharing with another sister we would have the bookstudy at our house. Only the book study conducter would come along and it would be the 3 of us. I would read (shock horror! they really were desperate) my flat mate answered the questions (HAHAHA) and the brother would pray. This went on for weeks!

• IcingHeart
    IcingHeart

Mines not so bad, but I remember at some point we had only about 20 people attend service meeting and public talk for a week that I believe a lot of families were either on vacation, or helping where "the need is great" I think normal attendance is 80 or so.

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

A friends congregation had recorded 8 attending the TMS and SM. Of those 8, two were disfellowshipped. This was not even due to bad weather or hoilidays.

The congregation at the time had 40 publishers and the monthly average attendance were on average consecutively about 14 for about 4-5 months.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit