Can anyone tell me what made this ?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• shell69
    shell69

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''DEMUNZZ'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Shell

• shell69
    shell69

DA DEBILLS HOOF PRINT!

RUN TO THE HILLS EVERYBODY!

ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuN!!!!!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Looks to be only four pads facing front. I don't think it's a bear, that would have five. Could be a lynx.

It could be Manbearpig!

• Satanus
    Satanus

A wookibird.

S

• Forscher
    Forscher

It feline instead of canine (I don't see nail prints).

It is large, about five inches across. To compare, a bobcat will have tracks about 2-3 inches across. Compare it with the following track:

http://www.beartrackersden.com/beartracker/cougfrontsized.jpg

That was a track left by a cougar and the characteristics are quite similar. I don't think a Lynx gets that big, though they have a wide spread foot to enable them to walk high in the snow. I lean towards the cougar, though it has been almost a quarter of a century since I last saw a set of large cat tracks.

Forscher

P.S. There is a slight notch in the last toe. but whether that is due to melting alone, or the track of a large canine has melted enough to hide the nail prints is hard to be certain.

• JH
    JH

Actually, it's KLS that sent me that picture, and she is the one who measured it in her back yard.

I'm waiting impatiently for her to post and tell you guys what she thinks it is....

• flipper
    flipper

JH- Ask KLS how deep the print is in the snow. Have her measure it . Then you can assess the weight of the animal more accurately

• flipper
    flipper

JH- After looking at it more carefully - I agree with Forcsher , may be a mountain lion print . It looks feline. Bobcat prints don't get that wide or big

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

seems cat like to me. (as in large wild cat)

• loosie
    loosie

looks like a dog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit