burn your Ray Franz books

by edward gentry 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

When I first read CoC and CF, my thoughts were these:

"If what I'm reading is true, then alot of things I have believed for 30yrs are wrong; and the Organisation I believe to be God's Channel cannot be what it claims. However, if the things in these books are NOT true, then the books are worthless and possibly evil and vindictive."

I then went on 6mths of research to CHECK whether they were true or not. They were accurate. So I left to continue serving God without the WT.

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

Jt.
    Hope you dont assume that to be a world authority on the Dubs, you must have served in a position of power in the org?
    That is what this thread was all about.
    Automatically assuming that the guy in charge knows what hes talking about.
    Thinking:
    "Hes got 4 stripes on his shoulder so he must be cleverer than me".

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Pubsinger,

You said:

"If what I'm reading is true, then alot of things I have believed for 30yrs are wrong; and the Organisation I believe to be God's Channel cannot be what it claims. However, if the things in these books are NOT true, then the books are worthless and possibly evil and vindictive."

I then went on 6mths of research to CHECK whether they were true or not. They were accurate. So I left to continue serving God without the WT"

Very good! Evaluate possibilities, research to obtain or verify facts, then choose a direction. I like the direction you chose, “to continue serving God without the WT”.

Jst2laws

• Richie
    Richie

Edward Gentry...,
    I still believe that you did not read both books of Ray Franz - You said that you did, but I am sorry I cannot believe you - You have a tendency to flip flop your opinions, then yes then no then I am sorry... When you said that your mother died and then later (much later) you apologized that it was your father instead who really passed away....
    I would suggest a good psychiatrist.... they can do wonders!

:*) Richie

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Im not trying to be nasty to Ray baby here.
    : Just floating a thought stream.
    : Thats what, hopefully, this site is all about

You might actually want to try to do that, then.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Edward,
    I read the COC book and found it very informative. I don't think Ray is seeking any following. The purpose of the book is strait forward, to inform those who want to learn about the real world of Jehovah's Witnesses from the highest post in the orginization, the Governing Body. Many have attacked the JW Society looking for their own following, but I don't see that coming from Ray. You say you are jealous of Ray's authority, what authority? So what if he was once a Governing Body member. All that says to me is how much time he wasted doing something that was completely worthless. Ed, relax, do some streches, and find a hobby you love.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

HAHHA your crackin me up here Eddy boy!!! your trying to act all sweet and gentle now like veryone misunderstood you, well buddy read your thread title!!!!

You know that reminded me of something my grama said to dad when she asked him if he'd read any of Ray's books. She said

"You Burn that book!!!"

I was in the background yelling "WE TRIED BUT IT JUST WOULDN'T BURN"

2nd I've met Ray and Cynthia personaly, what does this mean, not much just throuwing it out there.

And Joy I'm so embarrased of you you made SUCH a fool of yourself hahahhahahhaha!!!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

To VeniceIT,

Ed Gentry did not make a fool of himself.

What you noted was a transistion of his mood and tone of expression.
    He changed as his heart and mind was enlightened and opened. He changed from a cantankerous accusing disposition to the self-admission of his not being balanced in his thinking.

"This" shows a noble mind and a heart with which reason can affect.

It is perhaps a similar mind and heart that perhaps God saw in Paul "before" he became a Christian; and as well, before others become Christians. A teachable heart is one that God will draw to his Son.

What you expressed to VeniceIT was a mere platitude. If after one speaks humbly they should not be attacked once they are there. They are to be loved.

tp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit