Intro: disfellowshipped as a teen in 1999

by Moxie 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• new light
    new light

Welcome to the forum, Moxie. Being disfellowshipped as a teenager is both a blessing and a curse, as you are aware. The way the WTS tears apart families is a heinous crime that they will pay for if there is any justice in this universe. I myself was DF'ed at 16, after being turned over to the "authorities" by my own elder father. It was absolute family upheaval that still darkens our relationship 15 years later. If you are looking for people who can come close to understanding your unique experience, you've come to the right place. Some days you may want to just express anger and disgust, while on others you may want to move forward and heal. It's all good here. Again, welcome!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hi moxie

thanks for sharing your story.

welcome to JWD

ql

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

WELCOME TO JWD Moxie! As you have already noted we are very sympathetic to your situation. Yes, the witnesses do have their own way of persecuting, don't they...

NMG

• Maddie
    Maddie

Welcome Moxie to JWD and thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I went through the same pain when I was ds'd and was shunned by my son. As is the case with you, it was something I could never come to terms with and the sadness never went. I didn't know the truth about the WT either so was still under mind control and eventually was reinstated. Now I have been released from the hold the WT had on my mind which I will forever be grateful for and JWD has helped me so much with the support I find here. I look forward to reading your posts.

Maddie

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    they have inspired me to start my own blog

where can we read this..

so welcome

• Deidra
    Deidra

Welcome. I think that you'll find that most of us here can sympathize and help with your pain. Most of us have suffered similar pain.

• phivu m
    phivu m

hi there, i can feel the exact pain. got df in 2000 by american congregation but since i was vietnamese 22 yr ,so all vietnamese jws all know about it. raised jw all my life in vietnam, a communist country. my sister disown me (sorry,i disown her) until now,i'm still God's favorite son. u should feel the same, regardless of what, w/ that thought in mind,it helps me thru life, cheers, phivu

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Welcome Moxie. Would love to read your blog. I've been writing one for over a year now and I find it very cathartic. Where can we read yours?

tall penguin
    www.tallpenguin.com

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Welcome Moxie

You expressed your pain and feelings so well. You are not alone and many of us know how you feel. I myself have been there and know the grief you experience.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hugs Velvetann

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello moxie....Pleased to meet you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit