Intro: disfellowshipped as a teen in 1999

by Moxie 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Welcome aboard.

So you were disfellowshipped from a real estate development and publishing cult. Your punishment is that you can no longer provide free labor to enrich this multi national not for profit empire.... Good Job. I am sorry that you are estranged from your family, the only downside to this.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Dearest Moxie,

I am happy for you and sad for you. Not being in captivity to a controlling, narrow-minded religion -

Being separated from your family and friends -

I know and feel your pain and sadness.

Just know that God feels your pain also. Go to Him and let Him comfort you.

Please feel free to fill us in on your exit and life. We would love to hear it.

Love and hugs,

Gramma Velta

• Moxie
    Moxie

Wow, I am overwhelmed by all your kind, sincere and caring responses... It is sad in a way and yet encouraging to find so many people here that understand the true depth of what DF'ing means and how it affects ones life. I feel very honored to meet you all. For those of you who asked, the blog I am just beginning is exjw.wordpress.com I have literally just started it, and I will be adding news bits, humor, and my own musings on JWs. To learn more about me visit the Autobiography tab at the top of the page and that will give you the long version of my story. Thanks again for your sincere interest. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and really appreciate your welcome words. You are wonderful people. "Moxie"

• Moxie
    Moxie

ps: if anyone can help me so that my posts aren't all squished together, I'd be very grateful :)

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Welcome Moxie, I like the screen name.

Just above the "submit post" button there should be a box for "automatic cr/lf" check that and that should work.

• dinah
    dinah

Welcome, Moxie! I'm looking forward to getting to know you as well.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Welcome, MOXIE. It is the one thing that keeps me from going back: the cruelty of disfellowshiping. Very unloving.

(Well, not the one thing, but the main thing)

The Good Girl

• mind my own
    mind my own

Hello Moxie, a very warm welcome to the board!

A lot of us can relate to the shunning policy so you are among friends here. It is extremely painful and I am still finding ways to deal with it. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

MMO

• mind my own
    mind my own

Moxie,

I have just read the auto-biography section of your blog. Wow, can I ever relate to your story!! I think you are doing a wonderful thing, and it will be healing for you as well, I hope.

I will be checking your blog frequently. I know you will enjoy this forum, as it has helped me and many others tremendously!

MMO

• real one
    real one

moxie you are so welcome here. i love it when someone tries to do another harm and it backfires! if you open your mind you will find many friends in this big old world. we may not always agree but that dont mean we cant agree to disagree.

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit