need advice on internet radio braodcasting and call-in - HELP

by Dogpatch 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thanks Nils I'll be in touch with you.

It won't actually be a "Christian" program, however, so most likely will go secular channel on this particular project. Reaches more people.

Randy

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

woohoo, sounds like fun! can't wait to hear it

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hey Randy,

Maybe we can get good air time on a cooking station. They have those don't they? We could do a show on the succulent nature of onions, garlic and leeks. I could do an onion if you could take a leek.

My folk's acreage where we moved when I was 6 had been a turkey farm. My dad built the shack near what had been the manure pile. They didn't spread it, they just piled it in the low part of the land. One year we made garden on that spot and by the time we got it ready about all the seeds that were left were Swiss chard and red potatoes.

That swiss chard must have grown three feet high. We ate swiss chard morning noon and night for a solid month . . . salad, boiled, baked . . . we even made swiss chard pancakes.

• Praying4Justice
    Praying4Justice

Randy & Gary,

It's great to see such determination and motivation in keeping awareness going and reaching out in helping people deal with this issue.

Good Luck, and I'll be checking in to see if there's anything I can do, and also to get any ideas of what I can do to enlighten people at my end of the world.

Reading your posts alone, gives me hope.

Thanks~

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'll point Pubsinger this direction when I see him - he might be able to help you out with some advice

All I can suggest is make it available on Podcast as well as broadcast!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

We are not like jackass.
    We are milder.
    Mostly.

Stayed tuned at www.ArmageddonOkies.com.
    Randy

• IT Support
    IT Support

Randy and Gary,

Superb idea. Go for it, guys!

I'd strongly second Sad Emo's suggestion to also make each show available as a podcast.

Here's a useful tutorial to Create your own podcast:

You might also be interested in reading about INA - The International Nanocasting Alliance.

There's an interesting page on Solutions For Recording Phone Calls in Your Podcasts and Webcasts:

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Sounds like a great idea. There is a site using the technology you require at http://theinfidelguy.com/ You may be able to get some ideas on how to structure things from there. He has live shows with people interacting through IM and phone. The shows are then available for download and podcast. The webmaster may even offer to give you a bit of advice on technology when he learns that you are trying to free people from cults.

• mouthy
    mouthy

bump

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Hi Randy and Gary,

Great idea. Good luck with it. I have over 15 years as a radio personality and another 15 in TV...however I don't know squat about internet broadcasting. How 'bout this for an "open" though..."Knock, knock...who's there? It's the Buss & Watt show...broadcasting Live from a secret vault located somewhere under Brooklyn."

I've thought manytimes about doing a weekly TV show covering JW doctine using the "apostate" experts that are out there. But as with all programs, funding is the first and foremost hurdle to clear. I may get inspired and pull it off someday.

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit