Jesus as Michael

by Kphoto 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewTruth
    NewTruth

Hello Lilly and friends..

You said you are looking for a scripture that states specifically that 'Jesus is Michael the Arch Angel'. Daniel and Revelation are written are in symbols and signs. You will not find a scripture to say who, the wild beast is, nor who Babylon is, nor who Michael is, etc. So, it's a puzzle that one must put the pieces together to find the answers. Jehovah wrote it in signs, so not all would catch on, but only ones with a certain heart condition.

Now I will make some more comments as to why I derive to this conclusion. In the 'last day's' Satan expressed himself thru the 'wild beast', (note he gives him his throne in Rev.13:2). Note also that when Michael throws Satan out of heaven, he looks suspiciously like the wild beast in his appearance. So, when Satan is thrown out of heaven, I believe, it's the wild beast that he is disgracing and exposing and defaming. I also think the wild beast is connected to Babylon. So when he is thrown out of heaven or glory, also Babylon falls. No, I don't think like the JW's, that demons are floating out of heaven to the earth. Casting Satan out of heaven is the 1st step to abyssing him.. step 2 will be the final throwing him into complete inactivity, as we note that after Satan is thrown out of heaven, he is angry and attacking the woman and her seed . Only Jesus is assigned to do this..as we note from Gen. 3:15. IMO.

As for Dan. 12:1.. I think that Jesus' people in the great tribulation, would not be literal Isreal but rather, spiritual Isreal.. again.. who is it predicted that would stand up and save us, in the end times.? Another guy besides Jesus? Not to my knowledge..

Hebrews 9:27b And he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him..

2 Thes. 1:6.......He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you.... This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.....

Note, Jesus is leading the angels, and they or one of them is not taking the lead, rather Jesus is leading the angels..

Peace...and justice come from Christ Jesus..our saviour, no other.. the angels and the anointed are merely working under his direction.. (that's my take anyways.)

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

New truths,

I like some of the points you make.

I also believe in Spritual Isreal which is made up of a few faithful Jews, but the majority are Gentiles. Lilly

• lesterd
    lesterd

That was their "blanket" policy to replace every lord with Jehovah, that way everyone stays confused and the borg can tell you what they want you to believe at any given time.

• MOG
    MOG

Wasnt Jesus able to rebuke Satan but yet Michael couldnt?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Mog,

Yes, Jude 9. Lilly

• NewTruth
    NewTruth

MOG: The setting of this was way back in the day of Moses.. Jesus was able to rebuke Satan, when he was on earth, 2,000 years later. Perhaps back then, in Moses' day, Jesus preferred to leave the rebuking to Jehovah.. Different time and place, and IMO not really comparable..

• NewTruth
    NewTruth

MOG: The setting of this was way back in the day of Moses.. Jesus was able to rebuke Satan, when he was on earth, 2,000 years later. Perhaps back then, in Moses' day, Jesus preferred to leave the rebuking to Jehovah.. Different time and place, and IMO not really comparable..

• ninja
    ninja

I heard you the first time.....he he

• MOG
    MOG

Here is an interesting verse - more research needed though 1 Thessalonians 4:16 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud cry of summons, with the shout of an "archangel", and with the blast of the trumpet of God. And those who have departed this life in Christ will rise first.

• MOG
    MOG

Also this is very interesting as well..

Daniel 10 - Michale is called ONE OF THE CHIEF PRINCES

12 Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. 13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.

So - if I compare both Daniel and also 1 Thessalonians..It would be clear that MICHAEL at least is NOT JESUS..even if Jesus was an Archangel.

Its also weird that the names - Jesus, Jesus Christ, Chris, Lord Jesus Christ - appear several times in Revelations, yet how could the writer then switch that off and call him Michael..seems a bit off to me..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit