Jesus as Michael

by Kphoto 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Sorry, someone beat me to the punch about

WT November 11, 1879, p. 48

• Maddie
    Maddie

Every religious cult has the characteristic of demoting Jesus in some way. It is so that they can put a hierarchy in his place so that the r/f have to obey them instead of recognising Jesus as the sole mediator.

Maddie

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The Finished Mystery (SS-7), 1917 ed., p.188 "Michael,-'Who as God.' the Pope" And his angels--The Bishops! N.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Ah, the finished mystery book. That was Rutherford who penned that one I think. He claimed that Russell gave him the information from heaven! The majority of the Bible Students rejected it. Lilly

• NewTruth
    NewTruth

Okay guys..... I ABSOLUTELY think Jesus is Michael..... reasons?

1. Who else will battle Satan in the Great Trib and throw him out of heaven?

2. Who else would stand up for his people in the Great Trib as in Dan. 12:1?

Those 2 things are only the job of Jesus.. no one else. IMHO.....

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

new truth,

You said "those 2 things are ONLY the job of Jesus" - Prove it. Lilly

• NewTruth
    NewTruth

Hi Lilly and friends,

Okay, Lilly, you say prove it.

In Gen. 3:15 It's Jesus who destroys Satan... Rev. 12.

In Dan. 12.. Michael stands up in behalf of his people.... Okay, Jesus is our king? and our leader, who stands up for us. He's the anointed one, binds up the broken hearted and brings the kingdom to save the world.. Or was it some other guy? No, it's Jesus' kingdom. He's the one who fights for it, and brings it and saves us. Noone else.. IMHO

What more proof is needed??

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Newtruth,

Here is Genesis 3:15,

15 And I will put enmity
    between you and the woman,
    and between your offspring and hers;
    he will crush your head,
    and you will strike his heel

This scripture, the first prophecy uttered in the bible is in fact speaking about the stuggle between Jesus and Satan and its final outcome. Satan is said to have crushed Jesus' heel, a temporary injury when Christ was put to death on the cross. But ultimatley Christ will deal a death blow to Satan, crushing his head when he is forever aniliated. Where exactly here does it mention Michael? This verse in Genesis is talking about the final end of Satan, not his being cast out of heaven by Michael the archangel. When he was cast out of heaven, he was not anniliated or crushed forever yet. Remember what Revelation says "He was cast down knowing he has a short time left". But again, Michael did not in fact destroy Satan, he just threw him out of the heavenly realm.

Paul references this Genesis verse in Romans 16:20 when he tells the Roman Church -"The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet" Again, who is it that will crush Satan in the end? Paul did not say Michael but the God of Peace. Who is that? Jesus Christ.

Your 2nd point is that Michael stands up for Isreal in the end times. I agree with you as that is what the scriptures teach. I am awaiting your proof that Jesus is in fact this Michael who stands up for Isreal. By asking me "who else would stand up for them", that is not proof at all. How does your Q prove that this Michael HAS to be Jesus?

Let me reword my original Q. Where is the scripture that specifically states "Jesus is Michael the Archangel?" Peace, Lilly

• Raphael
    Raphael

Hi Lilly,

I prefer not be dogmatic about these sorts of issues, as dogmatism leads to religiosity which I abhor. The Watchtower denied freedom of thought and theology and most institutionalised religions have fallen into the same trap. True spirituality does not concern itself with dogma. We are invited into relationship with Yaweh and his son Yeshua "John 17:3" what defines that relationship is as the lord Yeshua taught love .

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I totally agree Raphael. But this thread was started to discuss this view.

The only problem I have is it did spawn many other false teachings of Russells. But that is my opinion. Peace to you, Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit