On Saturday... I decided to dump all my literature

by tak 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gerard
  • allreadygone
    allreadygone

I agree that getting rid of a lot of that old crap is therapeutic, but I would recommend keeping the 1968,and 1984 Watchtower bound volumes, "The Nations Shall Know" and "Live Forever" books. And any Awake mag from the 1985-1995.
    You never know when an unsuspecting dub will come to your door and you will be armed with provable lies from there own literature and you might be able to free them. Gone

• StAnn
    StAnn

First off, if anybody wants to get rid of their stuff, send it to me! I'll pay shipping! I'm collecting a library of JW stuff for the purposes of showing people in the actual literature, not scans, what the WT actually said. Second, a friend of mine sells this stuff on eBay. You can make some money off it.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I haven't decided what to do with my literature yet. I do want it gone though, it takes up 2+ full size book shelves and another smaller one. I got rid of the first wave a few months ago (old daily texts and calendars... please dont ask why I kept them....I dont know myself)

When I get rid of them, I would rather give them to a good little apostate who will make good use of them. I would consider requests via PM.... I have books and bound volumes going back to the 60s...maybe even 50s... KMs going back to the 80s maybe 70s.....

A JW friend of mine said she was going to take the whole load...and divvy it up among the friends and herself.... hmmmm...vultures gather.... but she hasnt been so quick to come get them...and she has enough crap in her house as it is....

I may rip off all the covers of everything and burn those and send the rest to the recycling container. (I just want to burn something...but its kinda illegal to do so where I live)

Snakes ()

• Casper
    Casper

Took all of mine to the dump several years ago... sometimes I regret doing that, since I had several of the old books that are

so hard to find today. Oh well... It was liberating...

Cas

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

They've printed millions of copies of that crap. You don't need to hang on to it - I'm sure there are still plenty of copies around. Landfill is a good place for it. I donated my to a thrift store, many years ago. Was sorry later. Should have tossed it all in the trash.

• Moxie
    Moxie

Good for you... liberating isn't it? I carted that stuff around with me and didn't get rid of it for 7 long years! Finally two years ago I dumped it all (with the exception of the Bible itself). "Moxie"

• Casper
    Casper
    They've printed millions of copies of that crap

Hortensia,

That's true, now that you mention it... I remember at the time the Sister that gave me most of them, she made such a big deal out of how rare some of them were. Come to think of it, "IF" they were so rare, why was she giving them to me...

carted that stuff around with me and didn't get rid of it for 7 long years! Finally two years ago I dumped it all (with the exception of the Bible itself).

Moxie,

I too kept my Bible... just couldn't throw it out. Also kept the "Reasoning from the Scriptures".... I use them for reference sometime.

Cas

• SPAZnik
  • MOG
    MOG

awe man..you wouldnt live in Chicago and have them still??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit