On Saturday... I decided to dump all my literature

by tak 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• tak
    tak

It felt good! I took that huge plastic bin that contained multiple copies of all the books given out by the society, all the old WT and Awake's that I had, the year books, etc....

and threw into the city dump. My boyfriend thought I should maybe bring the literature back to them and I said "hell no.... so they can give it out to more innocent people.. He agreed. I think this was a huge move forward for me, I have come to the realization, with the help of this website, to know that the JW's religion is a cult.

Thanks everyone! I now have a sense of freedom.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I was gonna burn mine on the KH doorstep but couldn't get the proper permit...Feels good doesn't it?!

-BONEZZ

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

After just a few months of leaving the Org, me and my husband decided to dump all of our WT literature...We aren't DF or DA (yet)We have been told, if we stay away they won't take further action.

Well, my son still has a study at our home with an elder. The elder asked if he could get out his benefit book . My son told me he had left his in the car, so could he borrow mine.

I didn't quite know what to tell my son or this elder who was sitting waiting in the living room for my son to come back with the book. So for about 10 minutes we were hunting round the house looking for a book that I knew wasn't there. In the end my son printed from the cd rom. He was put out though when I whispered to him that we had thrown them out. He asked me in a loud voice, if we were trying to make a point. I just told him to look after his things in the future. It is not my responsibility. My husband and I ended up in fits of laughter in the bedroom.

xxx

• choosing life
    choosing life

I wish I would have kept some older publications for reference sometimes. It was really taking over the house after decades of bound volumes.

Glad you got free of it.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

If you know anyone with all the old stuff or stuff that has in it all the LIES you see on places like here - it is a good idea to offer it to whoever is willing to preserve the proof against the WT that their own 'Divinity' is nothing of the sort!

Pity there isn't an action group collecting all such stuff and keeping it for reference till it becomes legal to scan and publish on the web so others can see it for what it is!

There was one ex JW whos relatives even had some of the early 1900s mobile cinemascope stuff - seems a good idea for anyone with time to check it out and post 'good bits' on you tube!

I agree getting rid is a relief and the weird thing was when my ex left (Her choice coz she was offered th e100% option for me to go)- she was very reluctant to take all the old WT volumes I had since 20yrs earlier - which confused me no end!

She was reluctant about countless things she would never ever explain to me - maybe some elder had told her WT new light no longer recognised some of those older copies I had aquired from antique book shops?

It is garbage but the garbage sometimes needs preserving to show to those not yet blinded on the road to the Watchtower wizard that they are on their way to a dump.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Good for you Tak! You don't need that negativity hanging around.

I remember when I threw all mine out as well...it felt so good. Like the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders. Every little bit of it. Made me feel free.

MMO

• logic
    logic

Just remember the society would love for us to get rid of all the old literature. I have no intention of getting rid of mine. I have some very good stuff on how they contradict everything they say. But I can see how some people would just like to have it gone and forgotten.

• VM44
    VM44

If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quality or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact or existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion.

-- David Hume

• sacolton
    sacolton

Congratulations for leaving a Doomsday Cult!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I'm gonna do the same thing except I am going to burn mine on my brush pile in the backyard and have a beer on it!

Quirky1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit