I'm a dad again!! How do you ladies do it...

by Qcmbr 35 Replies latest social family

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Just had my third child - still in the dazed, lack of proper sleep and food phase.

I have to say - credit to my wife and all you mothers out there, how the hell do you go through it!? I had that numb, helpless, car crash look as she went through the wringer and all I could do was pass the gas and air and mumble - 'you're doing really good.' I have to say - even though this is my third child - that I'm in a state of shock - and I just watched, I didn't have to go through it all. I still feel a bit guilty that after the birth it takes me a while to bond with the baby because I can't switch moods that quickly!

Still everyone is fine now and I can finally get down to enjoying the post birth party that is a new baby.

Yippee - and just so you know how generous I am virtual cigars and whatever you want from the virtual bar all round.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Congratulations!!! POOR YOU!!! Brave Mamma! Now will you please tell me Boy! Girl?? How big, ? Has he/she/hair come on brag a little....

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

'Little' girl, 9lb 11oz - looks like a purple 90 year old who has spent too long in the bath. Caused a bit of carnage on the way out -like a Rambo movie but with more blood :O - still nothing that can't be solved with a needle and a metre of thread. Wife remarkably fine and only contemplating chopping of my nuts with a surgical blade now rather than her bare hands.

• chickpea
    chickpea

well, labour and delivery are kinda an unstoppable force... so once ya get on the ride...... ( fortunately there is a cascade of hormonal events that create their own momentum and offer the "didnt know we had it in us" aspect to the whole thing)

kudos and congrats all around to the family and welcome to the newest member!! how cool! godspeed all..........

• mouthy
    mouthy

Wife remarkably fine and only contemplating chopping of my nuts with a surgical blade now rather than her bare hands

Oh MY what a BIGGie I can understand the wifes need of the surgical blade. But that too will pass. It WAS a difficult birth. What will you call the little one??? Thanks for sharing ....Give wife an EXTRA big hug from JWD

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Evie Mary when she's good and Stinky Knickers at all other times.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to Evie Mary...& I dont want to hear you EVER call her the other name....

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Life is so awesome at times like this don't you think?

Congratualtions and I hope the journey holds many beautiful memories for you all!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    ( fortunately there is a cascade of hormonal events that create their own momentum and offer the "didnt know we had it in us" aspect to the whole thing)

Yep (coming from a mom who birth 4 without any drugs, all between 7 to close to 11 pounds ).

Congrats on your new little one.

Josie

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Congratulations on your new addition!!!!!!!!

What a BIG baby girl...Your wife is one amazing woman!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit