I hate people that make me feel inferior!

by Princess Daisy Boo 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Don't give anyone the satisfaction of making you feel worthless. Instead, turn their insults into advice that you can take something away from, regardless of the negative twist they might want to put on things. If their comments are completely untrue, dismiss them completely. If there's a small flaw that they're blowing out of proportion, recognise the small flaw and work on it. But don't make the mistake that they made by thinking it defines you as a person.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The first lesson I learned out of the Tower was no one can make you feel anything without your permission.

The only thing we can control is what we think.

Thats easier said than done though. There deffinitely are toxic people, who I try to stay away from.

Make yourself some possitve affirmations and review them every day. That way you will think about the good.

• Casper
    Casper

I always told my girls...

"You have just as much of a right to be on this earth as anyone else, so hold your head up and act like it"...

Cas

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I know that feeling too Princess.

Like the others say, we don't have to allow them to make us feel that way. I try to counter with some positive self-talk.

That inferiority feeling is often a projection of the assailants personality - they have a need to feel superior because of their own inferiority. I try to imagine it as a dart laced with their poison which they've thrown at me - I don't have to take it, so just fire that dart straight back at them! It's quite a strong visualisation but it works

DJK - Love the slinky thought!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Contrary to the politically correct doctrine of today that self-esteem comes from telling yourself,"I *am* somebody," true self esteem comes from legitimate acomplishments and overcoming challenges.

If you want to feel better about yourself, DO SOMETHING.

Many times that "something" can involve helping someone else, but sometimes it can be as simple as taking care of some dreaded household chore. A mountain of accomplishments can change your perspective of yourself and your world.

• logic
    logic

They act like fools, then they speak so as to remove any doubt.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

People can interject things into our thought processes. We don't control what we think, so much as how we REACT to what we experience, and how we BEHAVE.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Princess, that's a lovely dress you're wearing..It fits you perfectly!

The color is perfect too. You look beautiful in it!...

Wear it proudly .....dance around and be proud of being YOU.

And one thing I found that helps me..is to go out and be nice to someone. Tell a stranger Hello when passing them in a grocery store or?, comment about something they are wearing or their haircut..something simple. You would be surprised how many smiles you get back. You just might have made that person's day. That will make you feel real good!.

Take a bag of clothes or books or something to a Goodwill or some other agency.

Just a few suggestions that make me feel good. You have to force yourself to think good things about yourself when you are down. Pretty soon they come automatically.

Snoozy...

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Hey RR - you just gave me an answer!!!

When I became a JW at around 20ish - I felt like dog doo amongst their social classes - and I thought maybe other JWs felt likewise?

Maybe they all felt superior and I gor the end of their stick???

Some females were well kept, high money, no work, sex crazed humans whom I felt the polar opposite to!

JWism was a charade for them! And still is! Big style!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Nathan,

Contrary to the politically correct doctrine of today that self-esteem comes from telling yourself,"I *am* somebody," true self esteem comes from legitimate acomplishments and overcoming challenges.

I could not agree more.

I have found that there are generally two reasons why people can make us feel inferior:

1) In the regard to which the person is making us feel this way, it is because we are inferior. The way to cope with this is to learn a valuable lesson and smarten up. Ignorant about scientific issues? Study them. Going to a wine seminar, sewage party, mechanics orgy, tabby cats reunion next week? Buy a book or get advice. make sure you are not ignorant then a sense of inferiority will not be an issue. Get a shy person talking about their hobbies and they will suddenly blossom confidently.

2) If we are feeling a sense of inferiority not due to ignorance but due to internal emotional struggles, then we are making ourselves feel inferior and need to get a sense of reality about who we are and what we want in life. Life is far, far too short to worry about imagniary failings.

The most tragic cases are those who are inferior to others, often due to intellectual laziness, arrogance or just an unfortunate sleight of life, and yet are not aware of their own position.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit