I hate people that make me feel inferior!

by Princess Daisy Boo 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I am generally a confident, happy woman. I have good friends and family who laugh at my jokes, value my opinions and generally like me... and then once in a while, I come into contact with a person who makes me feel like a nobody. An overweight, unsuccessful, unintelligent nobody.

Fortunately these people aren't always in my life. Now I just have to figure out how to make me feel good about me again!

• RR
    RR
    Fortunately these people aren't always in my life. Now I just have to figure out how to make me feel good about me again!

Oh that's easy ... become a JW and you'll feel SUPERIOR to everyone around you. That should balance everything.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I guess the obvious answer is that no one can MAKE you feel anything. They can try to make you feel inferior, and you can cooperate by feeling that way.

Of course, it's easy to say that, but very hard to have the confidence to really BE that way. But it's worth the time and effort to develop that attitude.

S4

• Grammy
    Grammy

I'm sorry you are feeling bad because of something a thoughtless, mean individual did or said to you Just keep in mind that these kinds of people tend to feel very worthless as individuals and have low or no self esteem and it makes them feel better about themselves when they belittle others. I hope you didn't let that person know the effect their actions had on you, that would give them the satisfaction they were looking for. I send you warm healing thoughts Princess Daisy Boo Sandi

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

LOL at RR!

Very true, but any tips on developing that confidence S4?

Thank you Sandi!!!

• dinah
    dinah

Aww Princess,

Mean people suck! Don't let some idiot make you feel bad about yourself.

From what I've seen of you on this board, you have a big heart and you have a great sense of humor! I'd love to hang out with you 'cos I think you are cool.

Good grief, why do people throw the f-word around "fat"--(not the dirty one, although I have a few choice words for folks like that).

Your a smart woman, maybe you just don't see it. From what you've written on here, you are very intelligent. Now, who spewed this crap at you?

• Layla33
    Layla33

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent...

• DJK
    DJK

(((((Princess)))))

Daily Thought

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
    ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS. Smile.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Don't get enticed into a battle of wills with somebody who seems to have a superiority complex.

Just feel sorry for them.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

"No one can make you feel bad without your consent." Elenore Roosevelt

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit