Hello, I'm new...

by IcingHeart 51 Replies latest jw friends

• IcingHeart
    IcingHeart

Hello there. I just joined this forum today after reading the comments on today's watchtower (which I have to attend in about an hour unfortunately). I was raised in "the truth" and it was only recently that I began to listen to a close friend of mine as he pointed out the secrets and lies that is the watchtower society and governing body. Even though he was informing me for almost a year, he never gave up on me. Heh...Anyway, I'm currently reading a lot of information on the JWFacts website, and "borrowing" some old literature from my congregations library to verify quotes and things not available on watchtower library. He also felt it was a good idea to be apart of this community as my support group. It's hard going at it alone when you're surrounded by family and friends who are told that apostates are of the devil and shouldn't be listened too...

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Welcome Icing. Sounds like you are doing things the right way. Good for you.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hey there Icing Heart.... and WELCOME ! I'll be looking forward to your posts!

• Maddie
    Maddie

Hello and welcome to JWD IcingHeart

You have come to the right place as most of us can identify with the same feelings and problems as you. When I found out the truth about the Watch Tower I felt very alone, confused and it has helped me so much finding others to share it all with. Look forward to getting to know you better.

Maddie

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hello IcingHeart!

Welcome! I'm so happy that your eyes are being opened about the WTS! Your friend is a REAL friend, and cares about you very much. Keep reading and searching, and I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion as all of us here. Maybe one day you'll be the "instrument" in freeing your loved ones from the WTS cult.

It's hard going at it alone when you're surrounded by family and friends who are told that apostates are of the devil and shouldn't be listened too...

This is the scare tactic they use to keep their adherants from finding out the REAL TRUTH about the WTS. Don't let them intimidate you.

All the best to you,

Lavendar

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

GarfieldWELCOME

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Hey there Icing Heart,

You are in the right place. On the tough road you have ahead you're going to appreciate this discussion board.

All the best,

Alex

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Welcome Icing

So glad you found this group and that you have discovered the "real truth" about the Watchtower society!

Looking forward to getting to know you.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Welcome, and I encourage you to keep researching.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Welcome Icing

I just posted a welcome but it didn't go through, so if you see two thats why,

So glad you found this group, and that you have seen the truth about the Watchtower Society.

Its difficult to free yourself from the Org and many of us have been in your shoes. Thats why you will find the support you need here and it sounds like you have a wonderful friend to help you too.

Velvetann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit