Can you explain this?

by smilelover 24 Replies latest jw friends

• smilelover
    smilelover

I am not a JW but I am really curious to know why are there so many people who criticize and ridicule them? Please give me some logical answers not personal judgements :p

• DJK
    DJK
    why are there so many people who criticize and ridicule them?

The first thing that comes to my mind is the door to door work. This practice is seen by everyone and no one likes being disturbed on Saturday morning.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Welcome Smilelover,

That is an easy question to answer it's because many here have been taken in by them. The Witness organisation is like a very large commercial enterprise that goes around selling faulty goods whilst at the same time heavily condemning just about everybody else on the planet.For over a hundred years they have been churning out false promises and they are still fooling people with very bad advice.So people here feel the need to speak out and this forum gives them the opportunity to do so.This acts a warning and offers help to people who are mesmerised by the Watchtowers false logic.

Best Wishes,

Edmond.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have seldom heard the JWs criticised. Most people I have heard talk about them think they are just a harmless Christian group.

I have often heard people rubbishing the religion they were brought up in.

Cheers

Chris

• smilelover
    smilelover

Thank you DJK :o) EDMOND, I agree with you as to not accepting their belief that they hold the pure sacred truth and that only they will be saved in the end. But, why do you say they have "false logic"? Isn't it as false and as true as any other religion? I mean, in the end who knows where the truth really stands. The Bible is pretty much all about intepretation and it doesn't mention any religion in particular. Religion is man-made I think... By the way Edmond Dantes is my hero :p

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

We picked up the habit of criticising and ridiculing religion from when we were jws....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here are some valid reasons. First, they have ruined so many lives. They tell people that they need to give up their lives and spend all their time spreading it. They say that the end is so near that there isn't time for a career--just like they have been doing for the past 120 years. This results in needless wasted lives.

They use the Bible to threaten death and mayhem for anyone that doesn't join. To do this, they take scriptures out of context. Then, once you join, you have to stay in or you will die as if you never joined. To make matters worse, anyone that leaves will be shunned by all that are left in, including family members. This can disrupt family life. It can also disrupt work, since they encourage people to work for other members. If one just wants to drop out of the religion, one risks losing their jobs and family as well.

They have a group of men that dictate policies. These policies often change, and frequently revert back to the older forms. And not just informational policies--blood and organ transplants, oral sex, and college education have all been subject to changes and change-backs in the official policy.

The organization goes to great lengths to hide its pedophile problem. The Catholics had the problem a while ago, and the witlesses were picking on them. Now, the witlesses are having major problems with pedophiles within their ranks. Instead of trying to come clean with the issue like the Catholic church is doing, they are denying and lying about it. Victims are silenced under threat of being disfellowshipped.

Many people coming out of the religion have stories about how it has ruined their lives. This can be found by Googling up Jehovah's Witnesses or Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses. You will probably get a million results, out of which quite a few will be people that have had their lives ruined in some way. I suggest going to Freeminds (frequently advertised on this forum), and look through some of the stories attached therein.

I think any religion that has such a legacy of ruined lives deserves to be lambasted.

• lancelink
    lancelink

From a CNN article :
    Hindus claimed the highest retention of childhood members, at 84 percent. The group with the worst retention is one of the fastest growing -- Jehovah's Witnesses.
    Only 37 percent of those raised in the sect known for door-to-door proselytizing said they remain members.

As you will see, there are many reasons why this is a known fact, I believe that the blatant hypocrisy that is displayed
    by members of this religion is one of the major reasons, along with prophecies that have been proven to be untrue.

Do some research on the internet for yourself, and you should have no problem understanding the comments posted on this link.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

They are big fat hypocritical liars.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It's difficult to avoid "personal judgments" of the JW's if you've been screwed over by them, as many of us have. One of the WTB&TS's most insidious practices is to destroy families by disfellowshipping victims of physical and sexual abuse in order to hide the horrendous problem within the organization of pedophilia and wife battering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit