My Next Car ... and YOURS?

by compound complex 52 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

JK666:

That will make a nice fit in my ten car garage. While I do have a penchant for
    lumbering, 50s convertibles, I could make an exception in this case!

Thank you for your entry.

CoCo

• compound complex
  • Sad emo
    Sad emo

1970's Triumph Stag

They don't look like much but boy they can move!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, emo!

CoCo Car Buff

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Okay nice but it has 5 airbags right?.....and ABS brakes....crumple zones....and the new Traction control....then yes maybe. For me saftey first, being "cool" a close second.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My sister had a convertable after she rolled her other car............CRAZY! No protection at all....she would be dead if she was in that thing...her car had the roof pushed in....a head injury but still alive....saftey first people,,,nerd live to be 100!

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

MY next car that I've been working on for the last year is a 75 chevy nova hatchback only 5000 hatch backs made that year, the body has no rust. 454 big block, wild cam and ported heads @ 500-600 h.p. if I ever finish it I think it will run 10 seconds or better in the 1/4 mile. in the past I had a nice 56 chevy 2 door belair 283 cid that ran 12's with fuelie heads. and a 68 camaro 427 cid that ran high 10's . without slicks and it was street able. boy i miss these cars. I'm just an old gearhead. john

• JK666
    JK666

W007,

I have a Saab convertible with side airbags. The Windshield frame acts as a rollbar. It is about as safe as any closed top car.

JK

• compound complex
    compound complex

Concerns Over Safety:

Thank you, Witness 007, for your sensibleness and unabashed concern
    for safety. I daresay, practicality is an issue also. Those ragtops would make
    fun but impractical service cars. The Packard Caribbeans were just under
    $6000 new. Last one I saw for sale - years ago - was some $100,000-plus.

I will edit the titular question to the following: "My 'Next' Car" ... I do not wish
    to demonstrate egregious disregard for the life and limb of others by bringing
    them into my risky business ... Sorry about your sis but glad she lived to tell!

Mr. Gearhead Cip:

Sounds pretty cool to me! Hope your "project" hits the street before too long.
    Low - shall I say "limited" production numbers - makes your car very valuable,
    yes? "My" Caribbean was one of under 300 manufactured ...

You are engaged in a special branch of the "Kingdom Dis-Service." Will this
    vehicle serve your needs in a meaningful and wholesome manner?

Just checking ...

Thanks fellas,

CoCo CarNut

• JK666
    JK666

For something really outrageous, a Bugatti Veyron 16.4, at over 250 m.p.h. (407 kph)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x157l2_bugatti-veyron-at-top-speed

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit