My insane JW friend takes me to lunch...

by sooner7nc 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Yesterday, I get a call at work from my old JW buddy, who BTW doesn't know my true feelings on religion. He offers to buy lunch so we go to a local burger joint, sit down, and start swapping stories like always. We see each other once or twice a week, share many common interests, and generally get along well. My friend, who shall now be called "Roy", gives me the lowdown on all the happenings in his life over the past couple weeks. Family family work blah blah blah...same old BS.

Now comes the interesting part, and also I think that a little background info is warranted. This person, Roy, is a former MS in the local cong. 2 years ago, Roy left his wife, lost his MS position, started smoking, started carrying a gun, threatened 2 elders, and slept with at least 10 different women that I know of, and I know because I've met them and saw things that are better left unsaid. Well, to make a long story short, Roy decides to come clean. On the day of his JC, Roy tells me that after giving the BOE the rundown of all that he's done over the past 2 years, and I beleive him when he says that he told everything, they decided in about 10 minutes to reprove him and not DF him.

Roy's response when I looked at him after telling me this and saying "Holy Shit", was "Well, they made a bunch of changes over the past couple of years, and now it's extremely hard to get DF'ed". I bit my tongue while silently crying BS on everything he said, knowing that the JC he dealt with was made up of his friends.

What a load.

• Casper
    Casper
    2 years ago, Roy left his wife, lost his MS position, started smoking, started carrying a gun, threatened 2 elders, and slept with at least 10 different women that I know of, and I know because I've met them and saw things that are better left unsaid

Wow Sooner, your friend has been "Busy" to say the least.

BS on everything he said, knowing that the JC he dealt with was made up of his friends.

I can't help but agree...

Cas

• crapola
    crapola

Sounds like to me that deep down "Roy " was disappointed that he did'nt get DF"D. To come clean after all these years. Really don't see the point in it if he had stopped doing what he thought was wrong. Telling men what you have done wrong is pointless. They cannot change a thing.

Also, I guess it does'nt hurt to have friends on the JC,right?

• crapola
    crapola

Oh, by the Sooner7nc, glad to hear from you. And you know why!!!!!!!!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Howdy Ma. Gotta go now. We're driving east in about 15 minutes. Going shopping.

Bye

Love Ya

sooner7nc

• Sirona
    Sirona

He isn't an apostate. Being an apostate is worse than immorality, drug taking or being generally dishonest.

He'd have been DF'd if he'd simply disagreed with the JW doctrines.

Sirona

• flipper
    flipper

SOONER- It does sound like politics were involved in your friends only getting reproved as opposed to being DFed. In my 44 years I was in the organization - I've seen people DFed for a lot less offenses. What a bizarre lunch

• journey-on
    journey-on

The only other possibility is that they want to be able to count them in their yearly "membership" figures.

I heard they are counting inactive ones now in their membership statistics and they may have instructions not to df unless

it is super super bad like active apostasy. This way, the numbers stay up and everyone has a convoluted view of the stats.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Sooner, your story reeks of corruption of inter personal relationships, it does seem strange in view of what this guy did to not get DF.

Sounds like he must have complied a bunch of BS at his JC and faked a shit load of repentance.

Bullshit religion for bullshit people sounds fair and appropriate.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Well all I can say is

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit