Some more gems from Garret Losch's assembly talk

by betweenworlds 25 Replies latest jw friends

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

This came from a reply on a message board:

hi to all! re the arrangement for the visiting Governing Body and another NY Bethel representative, the expenses are not shouldered by a particular cong. this is not the arrangement here in our country. but Bethel chooses a particular circuit as audience so as to control the crowd.

the day before the zone visit, i was contacted by the Bethelite who invited us to attend the ZV and even invited us to lunch at Bethel before going to the assembly hall. so, in short, we went, and i was surprised that there were others who attended who were not part of the invited circuit but were invited by other Bethelites. the attendance was around 11,800+, but since the talk was hooked up in other KH's and assembly halls all over the country, the total attendance was 30,000+. the talk was recorded by others but bro. losch gave a specific instruction not to make copies of the talk so even if we would like to get a copy of it to share it with all of you, i couldn't.

brother losch's talk was "What the Near Future Holds". he mentioned the prophecy in Revelation wherein the harlot will be exposed by the political system. this marks the beginning of the great tribulation. he mentioned that the coming great tribulation will be in three phases, similar to what the Jews experienced in 66 to 70 CE. he said that this will happen sooner than we think. he said not to be at ease because he said that the scene of the world will change swiftly when we think that everything seemed to be going normal. he said that the political leaders will confiscate the properties, the bank accounts of other religions. their priests will be sent to prison, some will be killed to expose them as fraud servants of God.

he mentioned that we won't be able to identify the king of the north until he makes his attack on God's people which will happen just before Armageddon.

he mentioned as well that there will be literal celestial phenomenon as what happened between 66-70 CE when a comet appeared in the sky in jerusalem for a year in the figure of a sword. he also discussed the new understanding of the word 'generation' that was discussed in the march 15 issue of the WT.

he said that after Armageddon, those who survived with infirmities will have an instant regenration, as in if your other arm is missing, it will instantly grow, or if you're using spectacles, you will dispose of it right away because your sight be will perfect instantly.
    he asked: "If you are a graduating high school student now, what are your plans? do you still intend to enroll to college? no, there's no time for that anymore, you should utilize the remaining time in sserving starting right now!" he aslo said asked, "are you willing to say goodbye to ALL your material possessions now? remember, Jehovah promised to save your life not your possessions. "

and he discussed lots more that will help us to be spiritually awake and he said, "remember the great crowd standing before Jehovah's throne? that is your assurance that A LOT will be become Armageddon survivors." so in short, we should not be afraid, because Jehovah promises to save his people.

he also stressed the importance of reading the Bible daily, because there will be a time during the great tribulation wherein we need to used our knowledge of Bible to understand something that would mean our salvation. this is really something that we shouldn't take for granted, our daily Bible reading.

There they go speculating again on what will happen after armageddon!! Those who had infirmities will have INSTANT regeneration Just amazing how they know all this stuff! Guess that holy spirit machine in the back room just keeps spittin' out new stuffz

Also the bit about 'are you willing to say goodbye to ALL your material possessions now, is SOOO cult like it's not even funny.

Is this guy a loose cannon or is this official WT thought? Anyone know? Sounds like Garrett forgot his meds

Betweenworlds

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

And what scriptures did he use to support all this speculation? None, as usual I suppose. People really need to wake up from their drunken stupor before its too late and they pass the massive amounts of koolaid out. Thanks for this info. Peace, Lilly

• Gregor
    Gregor

Most JWs absolutely love this kind of "inside" info. talk. They eat it up and though it soon fades from memory that none of it came about or was even put on record in the WT. they will be ready, mouths watering, for the next one.

2 Timothy 4:3
    For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their earstickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Just recycling the crap that started back in the 70's. I heard it all before and it's just that....CRAP!!!!

NMG

• VM44
    VM44

Seriously,the audio of this talk must be put online.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Thanks for sharing that with us. Its good to know what they are up too.

Why don't they want the talk copied? Probably because they don't want it quoted when it doesn't come true again.

Why does everyone have to give up their material possessions and get prepared but the GB doesn't have to give up their millions and properties and or share it with the Great Crowd.

Other than the part about the literal comet and instant regeneration of limbs and sickness after Armageddon it all sounds the same that I have heard since the 1950's

I too wonder where it says in the bible that they would get instantly fixed and the literal sign like a comet, where do they get that??? Is God talking to them?? yeah right.

Its so true what you said about "having their ears tickled"
  • MissingLink
    MissingLink

I REALLY wish I had audio or video of that talk! My (elder) father needs to hear this. He denies that some of these things are current teachings.

• carla
    carla

Can someone clue me in? what the heck is this about?

"he mentioned as well that there will be literal celestial phenomenon as what happened between 66-70 CE when a comet appeared in the sky in jerusalem for a year in the figure of a sword"

• VM44
    VM44

I think Losch gave the same talk when visiting Hawaii.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    he asked: "If you are a graduating high school student now, what are your plans? do you still intend to enroll to college? no, there's no time for that anymore, you should utilize the remaining time in sserving starting right now!"

well does this mean there was time for it 25 years ago? Cause as I recall there wasnt, and if you did dare to go to school the whole KH talked about you and looked down their noses at you.

This is how I read it :,as soon as you graduate start pioneering before you realize that you are wasting your life and your not stuck in a witness marriage raising little JW children with no easy way out cause you have no money and no skills and the only thing you have left is the hope that God will validate all of your poor life choices by instantly curing your manic depression and thoughts of suicide and assigning you to clean up the bodies for hundreds of years after Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit