Jethro Tull - Your Favorite Songs and Albums from this Group ?

by flipper 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Teacher, Living in the past, Beret.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

The Whistler was the first ditty to make my pulse race.

What about Bouree, Songs From The Wood and Heavy Horses.

And to the JW's, "I might make you feel, but I can't make you think.........."

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"I used to clean Ian Andersons windows years ago."

I fitted windows for the drummer. A very nice chap , can't remember his name. He was breading red setters I seem to remember.

• flipper
    flipper

LEOLAIA- Cool. " Harvester of Sorrow " and " One " . Which albums were these songs on , so I can go listen sometime ? I don't know if I've heard those .

JK- Good song picks . I loved " Passion Play " , and " Aqualung " especially . Thanks for the u-yube of " Locomotive Breath ".

FHN- Good song picks. " Living in the Past " was good. " Teacher " also was a good song too. I haven't heard that in years.

DAN the MAN- " Aqualung " really is an all-time classic ! Lot's of great changes in that song switching back and forth from electric to acoustic guitar !

MR. MAJESTIC- You cleaned Ian Anderson's windows ? Wow ! So I guess my wife and her ex-husband weren't the only ones who had business dealings with him from JWD ! He did seem kind of eccentric and strange - although when you read his liner notes and comments on albums and CD's, he has a hell of a sense of humor , dry, witty, and sarcastic somewhat, very funny ! Ozzy Osbourne too ? Incredible. Could you understand a word he said ? LOL!

BOB 1999- " Wind Up " - Cool, I'll have to listen to that one !

LAWRENCE- I know some friends who went in the mid 1990's to see Jethro Tull in the Sacramento area - they said it was one of the best shows they had ever seen ! Glad you got to see them perform !

JAGUAR BASS- Good song picks ! Bouree is good !

BIGMOUTH- I agree, "The Whistler" was great off " Songs From the Wood ". " Bouree " is a great song too . I like those words you picked , " I can might make you feel , but I can't make you think. "

PEPPERMINT - Another person did work for a group member ? Interesting. You fitted windows for the drummer ? Cool ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Interestingly, Ian Anderson and the boys periodically make a very quiet trip to NZ every so often and play a one off gig at New Plymouth for the enjoyment of the local motorcycle club!!

I have never been able to get the inside word ahead of time to make the trip sadly.

BTW, one of the first singles I ever bought was Too Old To Rock n Roll, Too Young to Die. Great stuff.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Aqualung

• flipper
    flipper

BIGMOUTH- It's too bad you couldn't have seen Jethro Tull in New Zealand when they played ! Too Old to Rock and Roll, was great as well !

STILLAJWEXELDER- Aqualung- great song ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• StAnn
    StAnn

Loved "The Story of the Hare Who Lost His Spectacles" from A Passion Play.

• flipper
    flipper

ST. ANN- " Passion Play " was a very bizarre story and quite interesting. Great song

• choosing life
    choosing life

You have to give credit to Ian Anderson to be able to front a rock band with a flute. I saw him in the 70's in a very small, intimate venue. It was a great show! I like most of his music, but a few favorites are:

Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of A New Day, Locomotive Breath, Witches Promise and Songs From The Wood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit