Bob Marley & the Wailers - Your Favorite Songs and Albums from Him ?

by flipper 25 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Ah yes, music fans , the " King of Reggae " as he was so aptly called. My wife and I really like him a lot. So what are your favorite songs from him ? Here are some of mine - kind of in order.

1. Roots, Rock , Reggae

2. War

3. Concrete Jungle

4. Natural Mystic

5. Jamming

6. So Much Trouble in the World

7. Crazy Baldheads

8. Exodus

9. Could You Be Loved

10. Lively Up Yourself

11. Get Up, Stand Up

12. Trenchtown rock

1. Babylon By Bus - Live Album

2. Natural Mystic - Compilation Album

So, what are your favorite songs by the reggae king ? He sang with a lot of feeling and his message was great as well! So, let's tip our hats to the Natural Mystic ! I look forward to your responses. Oh! Send some u-tubes if you have some ! Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I believe whaling to be morally and ethically wrong.

• DJK
  • garybuss
    garybuss

Stir it up

• JK666
    JK666

No Woman No Cry

JK

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Redemption Song

Stir it Up, though I really like the Johnny Nash version better.

No Woman, No Cry.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

So many good songs. But here are two that made a special impression on me:

"Buffalo Soldiers". There was a period in my life when I slept with the radio on. What was on the radio often intruded into my dreams in interesting ways. For instance, I tended to have an environmentally themed dream just before waking up on Sunday morning, and that is because of the show that was on. Sometimes I could guess the topic of the show by what happened in the dream. Anyway, I had this dream about Bob Marley and he suddenly died, and I was in tears -- such deep sorrow -- that he died so young. I woke up bawling, and then realized that the song "Buffalo Soldiers" was playing on the radio.

"Is This Love". Last summer I was in Amsterdam, and while I was waiting for a fellow JWDer to show up (turned out I was at the wrong location), there was a midget singing this song by herself. And her rendition sounded so honest and pure, and her voice so soulful, it got stuck in my head for days later. I so much wish I could have recorded her!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I LOVE Bob Marley!! - I spent most of last year listening to them in my car on my ipod - some of my favs are

Stir It Up

No Woman No Cry

one of my favorite songs to drive to by him is Jamaica Rum

LRG

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Oh my favorite CD by him is Legend The Best of Bob Marley and the Wailers

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

So Jah seh

Share this

Google+