Do You Ever Fear The Jehovah's Witnesses???

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

no I don't fear them, I've been out too long. But I don't trust them. My younger sister, by the way, just told me she cleaned out her book cases and threw out all her JW material. She has only been out a couple of years. She said she felt daring, and was half afraid lightening would strike her. Cute!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

There's a lady who works in the same building that I do, and she attends the congregation that I used to attend. She is Philipino, about 4'10" tall, and always has a big JW smile on her face.

And every time I see her or hear her voice, I just can't stand it. I don't know if it's fear, or what. I guess it's just the fact that, she is one of those JW's that no amount of reasoning could ever dissuade, and she's so damn happy, in such a sugary, dumb way. You could never debate "The Truth" with her, because she would always just recite the party line with all sincerity, and she would sincerely feel that she came out on top regardless of what you said. Ugh!

It's not just me though. She gets on people's nerves in general, I've learned, so I don't feel like I'm so wrong for hearing nails running down a chalkboard every time I see her.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

"The only thing to fear is fear itself"

FDR

LD

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Not any more but I used too.

They can't hurt me anymore even if they did for years.

I know now they aren't all powerful and that they don't have the truth and they can't dictate my life anymore.

it took years of being away before I came to the realization that the world wasn't going to end because I wasn't obeying the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I don't think the word fear is the emotion I feel. I still have relatives in the WT and want to be respectful, even though they're not, because I want to leave the door open for them in case they ever decide to leave. I think once my mother dies, one of my brothers might leave. So I try to be polite to JWs when I see them, as they all know my family, and I'm not "in their face" with abuse stories, etc. I guess I feel like the life I live is so much happier than the lives they are living and I want them to see this and maybe envy it so they'll want to experience life outside of the WT. Thus, I feel it is important not to project a hateful attitude when I meet them. So, I don't fear them and I do find them annoying but I try to to be nice and remain approachable for them, just in case of a defection. I've already had one brother leave the WT and he immediately called me and apologized for how he had treated me. His wife told me it made him feel terribly guilty that I was kind and loving toward him even though he was nasty to me. I'm trying to use the same approach in case my other brother decides to leave. I'm not fearful of JWs but I'm not comfortable around them, either.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I do not fear them so much as I dread them. Or rather some of them. I know what to expect from a handful of them and they usually pry and get into my business. I dread what I may do.

• tank3r87
    tank3r87

the rules and regulations put down by WT is like living back in the middle ages where people feared god more then anything with a nice pinch of tyranny. it makes them so afraid.although im catholic and ive never been one, i pity them alot. not to mention their many wrong dates on judgment day. just dont understand why they have to keep their flock under such strict measures. its sad just thinking about them. poor fellas...

• smilelover
    smilelover

For years the Trinity believers have said that the people who do not believe in Trinity are the Anti-Chirst! The Jehovah's Witness believe that people who believe in Trinity belongs to Satan organization. Perhaps, you should ask how many people suffer from depression or anxieties due to the guilt trips that organizations have placed on their members? I THINK THAT ALL THESE PEOPLE, JW AND NON, WHO SAY THEY KNOW WHAT GOD WILL DO AND HOW HE WILL JUDGE US ARE ALL CRAZY. THEY SHOULD STOP PUTTING ALL THESE SCARY IDEAS INTO PEOPLE'S HEADS. EVERYBODY WILL BE JUDGED BASED ON WHAT THEY BELIEVED AND HOW THEY USED IT IN LIFE. GPD READS THE HEART, THE BIBLE SAYS, ANS I AM SURE THAT THERE WILL BE MANY JW AND NON JW WHO WILL BE JUDGED EXACTLY THE SAME. BEING A JW OR ANOTHER TYPE OF STRONG BELIEVER DOESN'T SAVE YOU A PRIORI.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My only fear related to the jw's is that the WTB&TS will incite a suicide pact or find some way to ruin my mother financially (more than they already have).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am not afraid of getting disfellowshipped, since I have nothing to gain by staying in or going back, and I do not ever plan on going back to the cancer. I just want to make as much extra work for them as possible, so they will have to waste time on me that should have been spent on field circus.

What I am afraid of is some of the unorthodox crap they have been known to pull in individual situations. I do not put them above crimes like kidnapping, harassment, and physically dragging me into the Kingdumb Hell and forcing me to continue doing the work (hey, if they harbor pedophiles and silence the victims...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit