How do you deal with telemarketers?

by Outaservice 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

This usually works for me.

"I'm very interested in what you have to say, but first I'd like to ask you a question. Would you enjoy getting the Watchtower magazine from me and studying our books?"

Click..............Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Outaservice

• magoo
    magoo
    The best way to deal with them is to put yourself on the "Do Not Call" list.

...i have signed up for this on all my phones,faxes,cells.......it works....

magoo

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Here's a good way to deal with them...so funny left me in tears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un_PjRXV5l8

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

A great way to deal with them is to only have a cell phone and no land line. I don't think I've ever gotten a telemarketing call on my cell.

Dave

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

The video was way too precious!

I have caller ID any long distance number I do not know I don't answer, you can actually be put on a do not call

list in Canada. If you tell the caller so they can not call for 3 years.

hope4others

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

I do have to explain?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

MrsJones - What's even funnier is that a co-worker *just* sent me that same clip earlier today...!! I was about to post the same link but saw that you beat me to it~~!!

AA - I *have* gotten a couple of marketing calls on my cell. I also keep getting collection calls looking for 'Elizabeth Jiminez' (apparently the previous owner of my number). The collection calls are bad enough but the telemarketing calls really irk me. "Oh. You are not Elizabeth? That's OK, you still qualify for our special offer.." ARRGGHH!!!

Can't stand it. And it burns up my minutes, too.

-Aude.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    AA - I *have* gotten a couple of marketing calls on my cell.

That sucks, Aude. Never gotten marketing calls, but I have gotten calls for the previous owner of the number. And I get a few telemarketing text messages now and again. I suppose there's no real escape. :-(

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I hang up on them. The Video is funny.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

The best way to deal with them is to put yourself on the "Do Not Call" list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit